Check-in: Sticking With It

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
For those of you participating in this week's challenge, are you sticking with it? Are you fitting in some exercise into your hectic week? Let's finish August strong!

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling your strength returning. WONDERFUL!!

As for my plans for the week - So far, so good! I've got my yoga in every morning, and I'm sticking with the other goals. Exercise three times a week is already a habit. I was doing great with lunch prep before summer, but now I'm a little out of habit, so I'll need a good month to get back into that feeling normal.

I loved the articles about habits. After all, people always talk about how they are victims to their bad habits. I'm trying to stay a victim to my good habits. That's one of the reasons why I'm a bit obsessed with my log-in streak on MFP. I've made it a habit, and that helps me to always be more mindful about what I eat even when I am not eating as well as I should.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @themedalist so glad you are feeling better!

I have stuck with my plan this week. Walked more miles than planned and I am happy. Today I have a doctor's appointment in the morning so the walk will have to take place in the afternoon but after the dr's appointment I plan to go to the mall and just walk there, at least to get some steps in.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've managed to get back to walking every day, which doesn't sound like much but given my track record this past four or five months, it is big. My plan for September is to walk at least 30 minutes every day.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @mxchana , walking every day is great! Here's to your plan.

Has anyone heard from @texasgardnr ? I don't know what part of the state she lives in, but I'm worried that she is seriously affected by Harvey.

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @mxchana , walking every day is great! Here's to your plan.

Has anyone heard from @texasgardnr ? I don't know what part of the state she lives in, but I'm worried that she is seriously affected by Harvey.

Yes, I've heard from @texasgardnr. She lives more inland and fortunately didn't bear the worst of Harvey. She is safe. It sure seems though that all of Texas was impacted by Harvey. Communities that weren't directly hit are now involved in the recovery efforts. I think we will hear from her soon.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @themedalist , thanks for the update on @texasgardnr . That relieves my mind.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thank you for checking on me. I appreciated it.

The completely unexpected high pressure system that developed in our area ended up protecting us from being in the direct path of the strongest outer storm bands after the hurricane made landfall and begin its path inland from the coast, as was expected.
    We did have steady, but thankfully only moderate, rain throughout the weekend so that much of the rain was able to soak into the ground instead of running off, causing flooding. We had a lot of wind all weekend, but not the super high winds we all expected here. So when the weekend was finished there was no flooding in our area and only some road closures elsewhere in our city. I only lost power for several hours Saturday evening.

Yes, we were very fortunate indeed! Periodically I still get overwhelmed with gratitude and amazement that our city was spared the damage that we expected. My heart goes out to all the people that are suffering so much at this time in Texas and Louisiana and elsewhere as the now tropical storm Harvey continues on its pathway.

So how did I do after signing up for this week's challenge? I'm happy to say that I cleaned up the back yard when it was dry enough. I walked for over an hour on Thursday morning, and used a Leslie Sansone walking DVD on Friday. On Saturday I plan to spend the morning in the flower garden, and also do some yard work until it gets too hot. Depending on how much I actually get done outdoors I might also pop an exercise DVD in. Sunday is my scheduled rest day.

This challenge has been a very timely reminder for me to keep sticking to it and to continue to fit some exercise into my day, especially if it is a busy or difficult day. For me it is way too easy to let the days slip by once I start skipping my exercise time for whatever reason or excuse.

:flowerforyou:
  • 77tes
    Options
    @texasgardnr , so glad to hear you were spared. And you are so right about habits.