September 2017

Options
Happy September 1! I think the we have survived all the rain from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey. We didn't experience any flooding!

I have some vacation time I need to use so I took last Friday and today off. I'm mainly just relaxing and catching up on reading. Today I get a massage.

Even though I am able to maintain my weight, I still deal with desire to eat emotionally. I have been working on trying to learn to not eat emotionally. I am also trying to not be controlled by my sweet tooth. I don't eat much sugar but I do love sweets. I had been eating an extra serving of my evening snack just because I so enjoyed to the taste. I am really trying to get this under control and quit eating just because I want it. I had gained a couple of pounds and I was able to lose them. I don't want to be controlled by food.

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yep I am starting to get refocused mainly because my pants got tight and I went up a size. Work doesn't help Thursday was milkshake day . Never thought working at a bank would have so much food. Glad to hear you have survived Harvey.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I'm so happy for you that you are refocused. Life changes such as you have had, a new job and a death in the family, can take a while to adjust to and can affect our health. It's an adjustment to working at a place that has junk food all the time. Good for you for refocusing instead of buying larger clothes!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The other morning I got up to exercise as I could hear my exercise partner saying really you skipped again if I told her I was tired. Lol a woman at work told me I was her inspiration she went out and bought an exercise bike to use while she watches tv. I laughed and told her how I hear our other coworker in my head telling me to move my *kitten*. She laughed and said you two are always exercising. Today we are in a walk OMG it's so cold out I looked for gloves. Thank goodness it's not raining. Have a great day.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of entries. Things are going ok, just busy. Mom had a pin put in her hip Monday. I stayed at the hospital with her Tues., Wed., & Thurs. nights and all day Thurs. She still needs lots of assistance. Until last night, Dad wasn't much help. Mom is a little better today but very weak and not able to care for herself yet. I have done ok eating wise while at the hospital. I did break my eating boundaries a little yesterday. I was actually able to get all my steps in while at the hospital yesterday. I am trying to take the stairs at the hospital as often as possible. The parking building is about a block from the nighttime hospital entrance so that I usually have to use so I have been getting some walking in. I haven't exercised at all in a few weeks now. I haven't even been getting in 10,000 steps most days. I'm going to the chiropractor after work today for an adjustment. Sleeping in a recliner at the hospital is not good for the body. I will sleep at home tonight but return to the hospital in the a.m. in time to bathe and dress Mom. Things are slowly getting better.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Oh I hope things are going better. My daughter is on a very slippery slope with depression. In our family I can see it pretty easily and she is not even trying to hide it so I know things are bad. I ate my calories in cookies yesterday. I am trying to be there for her but all I keep thinking is she is going to kill herself am I the only person who sees this? I want to talk to the boyfriend and say ok you need to step up to the plate. My daughter paying all the bills for you and your grandmother is pushing her over the edge. I know he will say something to her and she will stop coming to me. I just need to listen and stay out of everything at least for now and try to stay away from the cookies today.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Thanks, things are better! Mom is walking further and staying by herself at night since Saturday. Originally the doctor expected to release her by Saturday. That has now been pushed back to next week. This is actually good because it's an hour round trip to the rehab center where she will be taking therapy and Dad will have a lot of responsibility. As hard as it can be to visit the hospital, they do take good care of her. I may not visit her tonight. She is okay with that. I have a lot going on. I've got to have an outpatient procedure done at a different hospital on Friday. I'm going to go hang out with her when it's over. I am so sorry about your daughter. I can't imagine how you feel. I have been severely depressed and dying consumed my thoughts. It was miserable. I ended up being admitted to a psych hospital against my will. The doctor knew that wasn't what I needed and released me after 2 days when I was supposed to stay for 3 days. You and she are in my prayers.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    My mom says she was doing better on Sunday. I signed up for an exercise class. I wish it was on a different day and time. It ends at 8:30 and I am usually in bed by then oh well we shall see how it goes. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers sue