What's Your Favorite Leslie Workout?

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
I discovered Leslie in the early late 80's, early 90's. I bought a copy of Cooking Light magazine and in the back was an ad for Collage Videos who specialized in fitness videos. I chose a strength workout and an aerobic workout. Basic Stepping With Walk Aerobics, a two mile workout by Leslie. Many workouts later, I find that I still reach for the older ones (though I did ditch the video player for a blue-ray some years ago ;) ).

The 4 Mile Super Challenge WATP, The 5 Day Slim Down are my top two favorites. But Walk Off Fat Fast is a go too as well. Oh, and 5 Boosted Miles - good but tough. (Love Michael!)

I must say I miss some of the older walk partners like JoAnn, Linda, Wendy and Donna but I also like Cary, Nadia and Nick. I swear, Leslie never ages. She just gets better.

So, what's your favorite? And how did you discover Leslie?

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I found Leslie through a YouTube recommendation or if I picked up one of here DVD's at the Library. I do remember that I looked to her first to see if it was simple enough for my Mom to do post knee surgery. I tried a few of the video's and then just kept picking more of them up when I was at the library. I think at 1 time had had 8 or 10 checked out. :o

My go to one know is Burn Body Fat. I just picked up a set of hand weights after using just plain weights. Also the Walk to the Hits is another one I like. Boy does that get my heart a thumping.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    After my heart attack my physician advised me to lose weight and start walking. I could hardly walk through a grocery store without debilitating back and leg pain. He told me I had to walk a mile every day. He told me to find walking videos on Youtube. I was eating a bag of M&Ms watching my first Leslie video and I thought my doctor was nuts. I couldn't do it....that was until I noticed Vance in the back row keeping up with the ladies. Vance is who motivated me to give Leslie's Walk At Home a try. It took me over a week to complete a mile. After that first mile there was no stopping me. My life has not been the same. I now golf! Thanks to Leslie, I am healthier than ever.

I think my favorite for obvious reasons...LOL is the 3 Mile American Heart Association Walk.

BTW...I prefer the earlier walks with Mary, Joanne and the others.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder, her workouts are addicting, aren't they? Did your Mom enjoy them too?
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan, you are an inspiration! You did it, you changed your life. Awesome!

(I have that workout with Vance. I have often wondered how he is doing.)
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    Deeder, her workouts are addicting, aren't they? Did your Mom enjoy them too?

Sadly to this day I haven't even gotten her to watch one let alone try even the smallest workout. Fast forward 3 years later, she now has more health problems. On top of her Fibro, IBS, Migraines they have added Fatty liver disease to her complicated mix of health issues.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder, I had a similar issue with my Mom many years ago. She absolutely refused to believe that smoking could kill her. Nothing anyone could say would move her. After 50 years of smoking, she had a stroke. She lived 6 months. It was not an easy way to die. I guess its too hard for people to believe that even though at first, exercising might seem painful and actually harmful, it's not. PinkyPan's story is a wonderful testimony to that fact.

Ultimately everyone has to take responsibility for their health. But that doesn't make the people who love them feel any better about the situation. :(
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had been enjoying her new program, miracle miles with the band, but her 3 mile sleek & slim walk is my go to.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hello blondie_0x.

My DVD of the 4 Mile Super Challenge has the 1 mile miracle mile on it and it's tough. I never have tried the 3 Mile Sleek and Slim workout out. I think that is one of Texasgardnr's favorites.

Have a great day!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    blondie_0x , just wanted to say you look fabulous.
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you!