Check-in: The Happiness Jar

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
For those of you participating in this week's challenge, how is your week going? Are you filling up that jar?

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    @77tes, this is fantastic! What a clever and creative granddaughter you have! I love it! And she's a very good artist. Plus, going through an exercise like this, I bet she'll remember the rules of multiplication.

I'm sure her teacher and your daughter loved it. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Sunsets are brilliant. A breath of fresh air! Nice picture.

@77tes what an awesome drawing! Made my day!

After 2 weeks of intense stress, I am sitting down now to add to my happiness jar. I have to say I have a LOT to be thankful and happy for.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love the idea of the sunrises! I have to look into that.

Since I already have a "smile" jar at home, I think I am going to start this at work. We have been really stressed lately and I think more focus has been placed on negativity. This is maybe the perfect thing to bring this team out of an unusual-for-us funk!!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    I love, love, love the idea of the sunrises! I have to look into that.

Since I already have a "smile" jar at home, I think I am going to start this at work. We have been really stressed lately and I think more focus has been placed on negativity. This is maybe the perfect thing to bring this team out of an unusual-for-us funk!!!

I think that's an excellent idea, @OConnell5483. If things are veering down a negativity path at work, it's good to shake things up and try and get them back on a more productive path.

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @themedalist how do you use Earth Cam? Do you need to subscribe?
  • themedalist
    Options
    @themedalist how do you use Earth Cam? Do you need to subscribe?

@prgirl39mfp, most of the web cams on Earthcam.com are available free of charge. I went on and paid a one time charge of $5 so that I could get access to all of their web cams now as well as in the future. But there's tons of locations in the free version.

It took me a while to find the locations that I wanted. Some locations are pretty busy with activity. It's too distracting for me to have lots of people walking across my monitor. There's also a doggy daycare cam available from the site. That doesn't work for me either. I can't look at dogs all day. I'd never get any work done. There's even an Elvis wedding chapel web cam in Las Vegas.

Once I found the sites that I wanted to track, I just pasted each web address into my browser and voila...eyes on the world that works with my very modest travel budget.

• prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @themedalist Thank you! I will check it out.