Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome all UAC October members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• fitastic2day
    fitastic2day Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm back in October! 30-something wife and mother of a beautiful little girl. She's my world, really. I'm working slowly to lose 35 pounds, but more than that is to change my mind about my destructive habits. I'm working hard to replace them. Or, should I say it's hard work!! Yep, that's more to the point. Lol This challenge is so important to me. It helps me to focus. All the best this month All! ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I'm back!!! I took a month sabbatical to get my life back in order. Things are back in line. What I learned is I like not being plugged in daily so I may pop in a few times a week. I just don't know but there were so many of you that I missed so I came back. My goal is to really knock off the weight and get to my new goal weight. See you in Oct.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jodi from Northeast Ohio. Fourth month at UAC .I'm maintaining my 65-75 pound loss - as you can see there has been some fluctuations over the last 7 years. MFP challenges really help me especially since I work at an office. My battle with weight has been since childhood. This is my longest period of maintenance.
    Married 29 years . Two daughters 23 and 19. I enjoy skiing, cycling, hiking, gardening. For other exercise I do DVD's mainly Zumba and Turbo jam with some strength workouts thrown in.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... Well, it is only 1 more day to the start of this challenge. Just want to wish everyone good luck. I know we all will succeed !!!
  • kaye4health
    Options
    @RangerRickL I do have one question. You say to set your calorie goals daily. I eat between 1200 to 1500 calories daily. Is that ok, or do I need to be more specific?
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Priscilla and although I was MIA a lot of September I am back and roaring to go for October! Looking forward to sharing our journies together
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @kaye4health nope as long as you are in your goal that is all that matters. It's all personal anything goes.
  • kaye4health
    Options
    Hi Gus (sorry to hear about your cancer, will say some prayers for you) and Priscilla, (welcome back) good luck with the challenge :smiley:
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Breonna and I reside in Tampa, FL! I'm looking forward to this October challenge as I find I do best when I have support from others and we're keeping each other accountable!

I was in a car accident in July and I've been taking physical therapy. I'm slowly starting to feel back like myself (and I've been approved to start working out again!) so this challenge will help me adjust back to working out and eating healthy!
  • kaye4health
    Options
    Hi Breonna. Welcome and gl on your challenge. I know you can do it
  • ShelleyMJ46
    ShelleyMJ46 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Shelley and this is my first time on this challenge, I am really looking forward to the accountability and meeting new people to help me achieve my goals. I just turned 50 ( yikes that's hard to say) and it sure is harder to lose the older you get, my ultimate goal is 50 lbs but my short term goal is 6 for this month but more would be great!!!
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Though I would try this again, although this will be a more difficult month, my anniversary, birthday and (the biggest issue) two short work trips at the end of the month. But maybe this will help me stay on track even with traveling, which I always struggle with.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi, all-- My name is Paula. I will turn 62 this Wednesday. Lost a good bit of weight a few years ago, but I let some creep back on. Now working on slowly taking it off again. Great to have the UAC to help me keep on track!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi All,
    This is my first time in this challenge and I really need something like this. I have been off track for 11 months now and it shows. I need to take accountability for what I am eating and not really being active. I have a 25 year old daughter and 20 year old son and no grandkids so I really have no excuse for me not to be working out or doing some type of movement everyday. Does not matter how much I lose. I know once I change my current eating habits and start moving more I will lose something.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone,
    My name is Tina. I did this challenge a few months ago and with many fun events this summer, I knew I would not make it through this challenge. Today I realized it was the first of the month and I could join again. Looking forward to making it to the end. Best wishes to all.

@kaye4health - I guess you like Tweety as much as I do. I had a big poster of him on my wall in college though his singing is the best!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Kelsea, and I have been a member of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge for almost a year. This group has helped me reach many successes, and I hope give back to other members.

I am currently attending school to become a Physician Assistant. It is a busy and stressful program, and I am striving to maintain an exercise routine and healthy eating habits, which I know contribute positively in all other areas of my life. Unfortunately, when met with a full-schedule, exercise is often the first time-consuming activity to be thrown out, and stress can lead to unhealthy eating. I'm hoping that remaining a member of this group will encourage me to keep up with my healthy habits and maintain my weight loss. You guys helped me make it through month one of my didactic year; 11 more to go ;)

Welcome newcomers and welcome back to everyone returning!