October 25 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    mix2ubx8lnpb.jpg
    November is coming!!
    Please sign up at the link for the November UAC http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123363-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2017
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    November is coming!!
    Please sign up at the link for the November UAC http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123363-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2017

@RangerRickL. and all UAC members.

I created a thread in the "Challenges" board to try attract more members for Novemeber. The thread is: November Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC)
    (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610080/november-ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac#latest)

Please add your own story on how UAC has helped you to this public thread.

The "Challenges" board moves very quickly near the end of the month and unless this thread is updated daily, it drops off the first page and people never find us.

This month has had a very a small membership. Wish you all to return, but it would be nice to also get some new faces.

If you believe as I do, that this is the best challenge group on MFP, then I urge you to help support Rick and I in trying to get new members. I want to see this challenge grow more in November.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh when I saw your message Craig because I was close.

So at work there are a lot of changes and moving and flipping of dept. going on. We have our main office and then we have our branch that's 20 minutes down the road and we are starting another office if there is no traffic 45 minutes away. Bottom line there is a lot of people moving around trying to get themselves into positions so they don't have to travel to the new location. I am a person that is a quiet thinker. I placed the seed I would like to help with reception a week ago. This way I would always have a set schedule. It would take me out of drive thru where the car exhaust fumes make me sick if it's a busy day. The receptionist/teller person gets pulled out of rotation. They go once a quarter instead of the once a month. Yesterday they asked me if I was really interested in the position. ;) I am literally planning ahead can I do this position for the next 20 years. YEP!!!!

Yes x3 for yesterday I really enjoy the elliptical at lunch.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 25
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes. (long way under, will have more before sleep, but no chance of going over)
    Tracked?: Yes.

Late walk again today (busy work day). Moderate pace.

Nothing much else to report from today (apart from the "Challenges" board thread post).

@tinacuso. Good to see you are staying in despite pass 4.
    @2020pinktogo. Sorry for slipping in ahead of you today. :) Hope you get the receptionist/teller position at your preferred branch.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154,

Thank you so much for your post. It is incredibly helpful, and gives me valuable information as I continue on my journey.

I appreciate the link, too! Cheers!
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oct 25th

Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Been quite active all day today.
    Started my day off with a jog (35min), then got my bike out and went for a hour's ride down the trails, fast pace, plenty of hills (slowing for doggies and their humans of course).
    While dinner was cooking (jacket potato) cleaned my bike down as both it and me came back very muddy, ate, then took the woofies for a walk - again quite muddy, so glad I decided not to have a bath until now!
    So both me and woofies all clean and ready for a relaxing evening - fingers crossed.

Total distance walked - 10.6 miles
    Total steps walked: 24,068
    Total calories burned: 1080
    Total calories consumed: 1309 / 1470
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    7y8pv2arh7dx.jpg
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My pumpkin.
    Exercise yes
    Calories over
    Tracking. Stopped when I was over.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (40 min. walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for today. Well as I can tell there are 3 of us going for the position. I am the youngest LOL so I am guessing they had the same thoughts as me. We are all deciding who is going to be the unlucky person who has to go to the branch next week. I really hope it's not me.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? n
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I’m out of the winners circle for October.

I have been doing UAC for 3 months now. When I joined I thought to myself that I track and monitor what I eat daily so it should be an achievable goal to reach the winners circle.

However, 3 months in, I realise I’ve not quite got this tracking everything I eat quite nailed down yet. Maybe November will be my month, maybe it won’t. What I do appreciate, is having UAC and everyone on here for accountability and motivation.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Oops, I messed up and it is my 4th pass. I am out of the competition! See you in December.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Since cycling season is probably over for us yesterday and today I started some workouts with lots of squats and lunges to try and keep my leg strength that I built up. Oh :'( it is going to be bad tomorrow!! I have been periodically stretching but soreness is starting.
    Tracked and calories well under.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @120maggie You and I and @trixsey1 are all in the same spot. We have to make the transition from the outside exercise that we love and do easily to the inside exercise discipline. Not nearly as much fun, but oh so necessary.
    My report:
    Yesterday evening, I sat down and create a daily routine protocol for each day of the week. I will do cardio/strength on 3 days (M, W, F) and walk on my treadmill on most of the other days.
    Exercise today: 15 minutes of active stretching; 35 minutes of rowing sprints interspersed within lower body strength training.
    Tracking; Ok
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    25-October-2017

Yes x3 today
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (walked doggie 45 min and 60 min of cleaning house)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1299 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (8-8oz glassses of water)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (gym -- 1 hour on the bike)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES