October 12 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    w5ayrzi9p91b.jpg
    Here is my tribute to @craigo3154 question about 'where does fat go?"
    And a link to a quick easy to read article about the Australian researcher's findings
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/12/16/371210831/when-you-burn-off-that-fat-where-does-it-go
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 for the 11 th I was so cold yesterday from the rain I told my husband after dinner I took a hot bath and scooted off to bed to get warm. Don't know how I forgot to hit post on everything yesterday I must have been beat.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 12
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 37 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Good walk today (felt like average type speed - seems amazing to me that my current "average" speed is a faster pace I thought I would ever achieve). Went after walk with wife.

Daily walk with wife today was good too. Walked further today than she had at any time in the past. :)

@RangerRickL. I remember Mad magazine (especially the foldable page to reveal a different picture :) ) "Wot, me worry?"

• Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 6 days ago. And now, I'm always way under calories. I think it's the painkillers, maybe some depression, and current dental problems. I'm struggling to get even 1000 calories a day. I've lost 5 pounds in the last couple weeks, and am under my goal weight. I don't want to lose any more. I will get oral surgery in the next two weeks, so between the two surgeries, I'm afraid I'll be on pain meds for awhile.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but if anyone has tips on easy, nutritious foods to bump up calories, please let me know.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (Animal herding more than 4 hours)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "Where does fat go?" I had no idea until I read @craigo3154 and @RangerRickL's posts. Thank-you guys for being such great health/fitness teachers. You guys are the best!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @Anya_000 add protein powder to anything you can get down. I know people add it to their yogurts to make a pudding. Right now if something seems appealing try it. When my daughter had her wisdom teeth removed as she is a diabetic as long as I got food in her and it stayed down I didn't care.

Yes x 3 today and I got tires for my car.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    No, yes, yes. Unfortunately, no energy today. :(
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep...30 minutes stretching and a 30 minute trail run with my running group.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 42 minutes of strength training and a 1.5 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 14,933 steps today!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Another good day!!!!
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    October 12
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes

Today I was able to plan well. exercised early and moved all day at every opportunity. Walked this afternoon. I think in a way a pass day makes you more determined to plan well so you can avoid a repeat especially if it slipped up on you and not a planned occasion. This weekend will be a challenge since I will be away from home with my husband doing work. The circumstances of the work could be tricky and emotional. Additionally I think it might be challenging getting the nutritious lower calorie food I need.
    I am committing to making it happen though. So there...it's out there in print. That's what this forum is about right--accountability.
  • ShelleyMJ46
    ShelleyMJ46 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories -under
    Exercise-yes
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 15k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes barely.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, went for a nice long walk. The weather was beautiful today!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    12-oct-2017

Exercise: yes
    Calories: under goal
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I'm reporting in just before midnight CDT. This week is one of my evening Thursday night public workshops. I very much enjoy presenting to an audience of my peers, 60+ year olds. It was a fun evening. I always get pumped up and then I cannot sleep until well after midnight. I'll sleep in tomorrow.
    Calories: Only 96 calories of margin
    Exercise: 15 minutes of Active Isolated Stretching preceeding 35 minutes of lower body strength and cardio intervals.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Walked the pups 4 miles.

Hubby comes home today, can’t wait. Pack back together.…

• kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (mega walking for 5 hrs at huge yard sale event. Ran all the way down the road from one small town to the next. Lots were clumped together, then in car, drive 10th mile, to next cluster of sales. (was with my 87yr old dad), so we both got mega walking in on rough turain)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200=1500, ate 1236)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (10-8oz glass's of water)