Hungry!

So I had decided to stay at my gradual weight loss calorie deficit for the first few weeks, as I mentioned, but a week in I've now realized that was completely stupid. I was always going over because I am already sooo hungry. So I've switched from my lose-weight goal (1,500 calories) to maintenance (1,990) and not a moment too soon. My plan is to eat much healthier than I did my last pregnancy, especially since I'm starting at a slightly higher weight, but my goodness do I ever need to eat! How's everyone else doing with this?

Replies

• BananaJoanna
    BananaJoanna Posts: 25 Member
    I should add: before pregnancy, I was doing just fine on 1,500, only going over if I indulged in a little extra for a special occasion, or just because, but not because I was hungry!
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    If your hungry than I say eat! And because of the extra calories your body requires when gowing a little human I would not be surprised if you still lose some weight =)

Personally, I was the same way my first trimester, but it did slow down pretty recently.

My midwife suggested eating protein with every snack to help keep me full longer =)
  • BananaJoanna
    BananaJoanna Posts: 25 Member
    Kgerber777 wrote: »
    My midwife suggested eating protein with every snack to help keep me full longer =)

That's a great idea. Thanks! I'm actually finding it hard to eat all my maintenance-level calories, because I am so used to eating lower now. I'm definitely above 1,500, but it's more like 1,700 instead of 1,990. So yeah, I probably still will lose a bit (or delay gaining longer than would otherwise be the case while pregnant), but that's not really my goal.

• arski77
    arski77 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm going through the same dilemma. I don't really know what my maintainance is though since its so hard to stay active this trimester. My guess is that it is somewhere in between those two numbers for you as well. I'm up 4 lbs from indulging and boobs. Good luck to you!