Class and Practice Check-in 9/18/2017

Options
As martial artists who are also members of a WL and fitness website, it can be helpful for us to remain accountable to each other, and share training ideas.

Any time you participate in class, or practice out side of class, post here and let everyone know. You can write something as simple as "Went to sparring class... got my licks in", or get into as much detail on the practice as you'd like.

This post gets rebuilt every day, to remind us to approach each practice/training/class with a fresh perspective:

- It doesn't matter how hard you worked yesterday... what matters is what you do today.

Replies

• shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Had a killer bjj class this afternoon! It's so exciting to be able to notice the difference in my stamina and strength just in the past few weeks.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Boxing class. Nothing overly exciting just trying to improve technique basics.
  • sarahberhorst
    sarahberhorst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Got a good mompulgi in after a long 9 hour brown belt test Saturday. #KukSoolWon
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Got a good mompulgi in after a long 9 hour brown belt test Saturday. #KukSoolWon
    9 hour test! That's intense - what was covered? (I assume everything, considering 9 hours - but .. details?)
  • faerie0506
    faerie0506 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a great session in Muay Thai, after warm up we did a circuit of bag drills which covered pretty much everything, hard work, but it felt good. Then some light sparring. I'm definitely feeling more confident, my blocking is improving slowly, and I'm starting to land more shots, even on more experienced partners.
    My knee feels really good now as well, the flexibility is coming back, so much so, that I'm going back to BJJ on Thursday, just to see how it goes. :)
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    FInally after almost no training last week due to work and my new business venture, got in a solid 45 minutes, 10 mins cardio warm-up and 35 minutes of forms. It felt great.

Kelly
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Boxing class, heavy bag and mitt work.