Class and Practice Check-in 9/20/2017

Options
As martial artists who are also members of a WL and fitness website, it can be helpful for us to remain accountable to each other, and share training ideas.

Any time you participate in class, or practice out side of class, post here and let everyone know. You can write something as simple as "Went to sparring class... got my licks in", or get into as much detail on the practice as you'd like.

This post gets rebuilt every day, to remind us to approach each practice/training/class with a fresh perspective:

It doesn't matter how hard you worked yesterday... what matters is what you do today.

Replies

• Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    5k and then some weighs at noon

Boxing class at 6pm and then sparring at 7.

I sampled (well over sampled) some cupcakes for a benefit at work. At least I earned them today.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Forms as cardio again tonight ... No other conditioning this time though. 22 minutes seems to be my threshold where technique starts to suffer... Went to failure at 35 min.

My cardio still is no good... But I am working on it.
  • faerie0506
    faerie0506 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great skill session last night, working on good technique for roundhouse and low kicks, teeps, knees and elbows.
    The pro boxing coach from my gym has been helping out with the sessions recently, doing pad work with each of us individually for a few rounds. This is really helping my fluency and striking technique.
    First interclub on the 8th, I can't wait. :D
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was weights at lunchtime and weapons in the evening.
    Weapon training focused on Jo kata followed by half an hour of ropes (Hojo Jutsu).

I love that my kobudo sensei likes to spend some time each week on history/culture etc. Last night I learned how to tie up a prisoner using single-handed rope techniques, it will come in useful next time I have trouble getting my teens to go to bed ;)
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Been working on self defense sets this week, which is not necessarily much of a fitness workout. But at home, on my own, been running (almost five miles yesterday) and kata. Kata is definitely a workout.

And I know I need to work on sparring more!
  • galactictkd
    galactictkd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ground fighting. Back escape for defense and taking back to rear naked choke offensive. Then rolling for 20 minutes.
  • galactictkd
    galactictkd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also doing some self training with escrima and staff. Goal is a 4th degree demo routine as well as real life self defense. Bout 15 minutes of stick work. Plus it loosens my back and shoulder muscles.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also doing some self training with escrima and staff. Goal is a 4th degree demo routine as well as real life self defense. Bout 15 minutes of stick work. Plus it loosens my back and shoulder muscles.

love escrima if it's done right it can be a good workout