Inspiring vegan story

Options
Rena42
Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
It's a bit of a long article, but it's a great read about how a vegan woman gets healthy staying true to herself.

http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2013/01/facing-failing-health-on-a-vegan-diet/

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to visit my cousin, her husband, her mum and her new baby.
    I took my elderly parents too.
    We took scones to share so as not to be empty handed on arrival.
    The day before they had celebrated their 2y.o. 's birthday and so had a lot of pie, cakes etc left over.
    This was always the plan, as we couldn't make it the day before.

When we sat at the table she said to me - " I have nothing vegan". and seemed slightly annoyed.
    I asked her if I could have a banana. I also had some paw paw. I checked that I wasn't eating her only fruit.
    I was perfectly happy with that.
    I went to see her kids and bring the gifts for them, but felt a bit of a nuisance when all of the food came out and at her reaction.
    Are we a nuisance?
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the link to that article. I just finished it. I am so glad she stuck to her vegan stance and didn't cave. Definitely inspiring!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Rena! Great story!!!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nice story. She never wavered from her beliefs. Very inspiring!
    Thanks for posting.
  • DinahCakes
    DinahCakes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of a long article, but it's a great read about how a vegan woman gets healthy staying true to herself.

http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2013/01/facing-failing-health-on-a-vegan-diet/

Finally got around to looking this up. Thanks for this post. I live an hour or so from her area, and felt very inspired by her story.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Absolutely worth the read. Fantastic!
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you are in your 20ies & your period stops, run to a doctor. This is never a good thing.(except when pregnant, & then you should be seeing a doctor anyway.) If the doc says its nothing, find another doctor. Her situation should never gotten this out of control.