Low Carb?

Options
TavistockToad
TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
Any UK users on here that follow a low carb diet?

Looking for recipe ideas, and hits and tips as to which supermarkets have the best stuff.

Very excited by the boodles (that's butternut squash noodles to you and I!!!!) i bought from Sainsbury's today!

Replies

• Cateyj
    Cateyj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to stay below 100g of carbs, so not truly low carb. Aldi do butternut squash noodles and cauliflower rice, cheaper than Sainsbury's and lovely. X
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Crikey! Isn't it cheaper to buy a cauli and make your own?

I am doing Atkins atm
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This past weekend i discovered Lidl High Protein rolls. Low carb life hack @ 29p with the below nutritional values per 100g roll:

r579jrdzdi91.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    This past weekend i discovered Lidl High Protein rolls. Low carb life hack @ 29p with the below nutritional values per 100g roll:

r579jrdzdi91.png

Oooooh! :flowerforyou:
  • ManBehindTheMask
    Options

r579jrdzdi91.png

Oooooh! :flowerforyou:

I was a bit skeptical at first about how they'd taste - but they're really good!
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    that's a bit higher than you can use in the early stages of Atkins, but certainly a very good option for phases 3 and onwards! thanks for the tip
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    just looked at the Lidl website and it says the rolls are 85g each, so that makes the content per roll as follows:

Calories 246 Sodium 339 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 8 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 10 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 21 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

so, a little bit less - fantastic (I'd weigh the roll just to be sure if I was counting every single carb, just to be on the safe side)
  • ManBehindTheMask
    Options
    just looked at the Lidl website and it says the rolls are 85g each, so that makes the content per roll as follows:

Calories 246 Sodium 339 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 2 g Total Carbs 8 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 10 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 21 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

so, a little bit less - fantastic (I'd weigh the roll just to be sure if I was counting every single carb, just to be on the safe side)

Definitely weigh them - the three i bought were all 100g