Check-in: Balancing Act

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
For those of you participating in this week's challenge, how is it going for you? Are the balance exercises becoming a bit easier?

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I was away at a two day conference this week, but I have been working on a few exercises. I like how portable these exercises are, but I missed my wobble board.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    My Yoga practice has been very challenging in the balance department. Tree pose feels like it will never be possible, but I'll keep working on it. Sometimes I get wobbly when I try to do Warrior 2. But practice make perfect, or at least it will improve my balance.

Today at Curves a lady who I inspired to start yoga, was telling me that in her class there is a woman who is 103 - doesn't look a day over 80. :) They have the seniors do yoga with a chair for stability, but I'll bet Miss 103 is pretty amazing. I want to be like her when I grow up. ;)
  • jcraft8
    jcraft8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My balance is improving very slowly. I have been doing the beginner balance on fitness blenders but my daughter told me I should try yoga so maybe tomorrow I will try one of the yoga links you put up. I know I will need a very easy one.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
  • jcraft8
    jcraft8 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @77tes ok I will try it. Thanks
  • themedalist
    Options
    jcraft8 wrote: »
    My balance is improving very slowly. I have been doing the beginner balance on fitness blenders but my daughter told me I should try yoga so maybe tomorrow I will try one of the yoga links you put up. I know I will need a very easy one.

It's great that you are seeing improvements already, @jcraft8. I think your daughter's and @77tes suggestion to try yoga is a good idea.