Introduce yourself!

Options
Hi, my name is Amanda and I started my journey on July 17th. I have lost 22lbs, in the first 9 weeks. I am a newbie hiker that just recently moved to Arizona. I am loving exploring the state. It has so many national parks!

I created this group to help keep myself accountable and on track! I know with support and accountability I can win this time!

Replies

• marvavlewis
    marvavlewis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Marva I'm 22 years and this is the first week of this weight loss struggle. So far I've lost 5lbs. I struggle to find physical activities to stick with.
  • _julianne_fiastro
    _julianne_fiastro Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I stumbled upon this group and hope I can join you. I recommitted to my health on January 3 2017 and I have since lost 44 pounds. Most of that was in the first 6 months of the year, I gained about 10 back this summer and restarted in September. I am currently 207.1 and have a goal to be under 200 by the end of October.

There is another 100 pound group I am a part of 100+ pounds with NO Surgery feel free to check it out - they usually have a 6-8 week challenge going on.

What way of eating are you all following? and what is your weight-loss plan?
  • JennieDiB
    JennieDiB Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennie. I've usedMFP for a few days many times, but I am now 6 weeks into tracking every day. I'm working with a nutritionist at my Dr office, but she's really only there for accountability as I already knew everything she taught me (I just wasn't doing any of it).

SW 304 on Aug 17
    CW 285 on Sept 21
    GW 200 (My tracker/profile says less than that, but I'm taking it in chunks so I don't overwhelm myself)

I'm still early in what will likely be a slow process so I'm just working to eat less each week or two by slowly lowering my calorie intake and slowly increasing my activity. I've always done this alone, never sharing my food journal, or even the fact that I was trying to lose weight. Hoping that by sharing my efforts and joining groups I'll be more accountable to myself, but also that I can help to motivate others. I've always been much better at helping others than myself!
  • sep302018
    sep302018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - my name is Sharon - been here done this before - but I have 365 days till I retire and I can't do the things I want to do then at the weight I am at now. I am not here for any drama - family drama, boyfriend drama, work drama - no drama :) Just want to meet people with same goal - share what works, share food ideas and encouragement.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emily. I've been overweight all my life and tried different diets though the years. I began my food lifestyle change this year in April and have lost 75 pounds so far
  • annajo221
    annajo221 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Anna-Jo, I'm 45 and have been obese since I was 10. My goal is to feel healthy and be able to go places and do things without all the huffing and puffing and endless rest breaks. This time around i am less concerned with the stats and more with feeling good during the day. I have over 200lbs to lose an am 27lbs down. It's a start and here I go...
  • csk1921
    csk1921 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am Cara...I am 53 and a cancer survivor of over 8 years. I am diabetic with fasting sugars ranging in the 200's almost daily even though I am on 3 different meds for it, I have HBP, and just found out yesterday that my Triglycerides are over 400..WAKE UP CARA!!! I need to lose 150lbs to get back to where I once felt so healthy. I need ya'all and I will be here for you as well...
  • zahraslimani
    zahraslimani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Zahra!
    Im 38 in a few days and just had my 6th baby a month ago. The last two pregnancies were close together and just a year before I started gaining weight without reason. Turns out I now have hypothyroidism. So in the last 4 years or so I have gained a lot of weight. I need it gone, I feel horrible! I’m currently at 226 and hope to get down to 135. I realize it isn’t 100lbs exactly, I hope that doesn’t mean I have to leave :)