Schedule for October Challenges

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited September 2017 in Social Groups

We now have an email reminder system in place. If you'd like to get an email when a new weekly challenge is posted, just email me at: challengeaday2@gmail.com and I'll add you to the list.

Here's what's cooking for our October weekly challenges:

Oct 1 - Oct 8: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Making Sitting Less a Habit (Part 1)

You've probably heard of the dangers of sitting too much (aka "Sitting Disease"). Sitting is a habit that's hard to break, but good news! For the next two weeks we will be focused on sitting less both at home and at work. We'll be working on this together...learning and implementing ways to sit less that will work for each of us. Let's do this!

Oct 9 - Oct 15: Theme: Exercise and Movement
Challenge: Making Sitting Less a Habit (Part 2)

Building on what we did in Week 1, we'll continue to hone our new sit less habits. We'll also explore some other ideas for sitting less, and discover resources and tools that can keep us sitting less and moving more long after these two weeks have ended.

Oct 16 - Oct 22: Theme: Healthy Practices
Challenge: The Water Challenge (By Request)

How's your water intake each day? Is it pretty consistent or does it ebb and flow? If your water intake is a little on the dry side (mine is), join us as we will be making water a top priority this week and discovering the many benefits of getting enough water.

Oct 23 - Oct 29: Theme: Greater Happiness
Challenge: Reconnecting

Is there someone you've lost touch with? A friend, family member, a former co-worker, or neighbor? Someone you were close to once and then life took a few turns and you haven't seen them recently? Or maybe it's an MFP friend who stopped logging in? This week, let's try to reconnect with that special person or people. I'm willing to bet you'll both be glad you made the effort.

Replies