Impatience

Options
I returned to help out a company I had left previously and took on a job two years ago that is more stressful and more sedentary and lot more hours than I had anticipated. Yep, I gained a lot of weight. I am leaving the job in 5 weeks to start my own business (I don't want to work for another boss again....tired tired tired of working so hard for someone else to enjoy wealth)....I want to look like I have some self-discipline and be able to dress professionally again. Not eat or drink due to stress or being tired from long boring hours or frustration. MyFitnesspal says I'll lose 1 lb a week on my plan....but I want to lose it faster. Which is why I always go for the fad diets, lose it fast, so proud of myself, and then, obviously, not keep it off. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life (and the most unhappy and stressed)...and I won't even look at myself in the mirror, it is depressing. I used to be so fit and slim. My 41 year old daughter remarked behind my back to my husband, wow what have you been feeding her? That really hurt, especially since I was paying for the entire vacation - and didn't want to wear a bathing suit, but I did so everyone would enjoy the beach. That really hurt. I saw pictures today taken at a work event. One of them is of me from the back. Who is that ??? I don't recognize myself at all. I decided I need to do whatever I have to do to lose this weight and start immediately. Thanks

Replies

• henacynflin
    henacynflin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you and get you pessimistic. At any age it is possible to get thinner and fitter. I know from forst hand experience.