Dr. Phil show yesterday

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
did any one see this show yesterday?? I know not many here are fans of Dr. Phil , but I had to watch this show.....it was almost funny, but so very sad--this woman-even by the end of the show STILL did not believe she was being scammed!!!

This is summary of show:

Angie says she’s madly in love with her attractive, dashing, overseas boyfriend, Danny, whom she’s been dating for more than a year but has never met. Angie confesses that she’s sent Danny at least $175,000 — some of which she admittedly stole from family members. She says she would like to not only prove to Dr. Phil and his viewers that Danny is a real person, she would also like Dr. Phil's help in getting $6 million that Danny sent her from an offshore bank account in the Cayman Islands. Angie admits to sending $1,000 to Danny so he could buy a plane ticket to the United States and appear on the show with her. Where is Danny, and why wasn't he sitting next to Angie in-studio? Angie's 20-year-old son, Brandon, says his mother is in deep denial and can’t even see that she’s being scammed. Is Danny who he says he is, or is Angie being duped by an online imposter or catfish? Dr. Phil does some digging and finds answers. Is Angie ready to accept the truth? Then, when Craig last spoke with Dr. Phil, he thought he might finally meet his former fiancée, “Jen,” in person — until she backed out at the last minute. After some investigative work, the real “Jen” is exposed. Don’t miss this shocking conclusion!

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I saw that show and she still wanted to believe he loved her etc, even though they had all sorts of evidence she was being scammed. Really rather pathetic that one can not see past the truth to see they have been fed BS all along.

Crazy.... just pure crazy
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    wow that is just sad really.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    These guys prey on people's emotions and they are very good at it. I was almost scammed myself once, so I'm kinda familiar with how you can get sucked in.

Still, once the scamming possibility is brought to her attention, you'd think she would save her cash until the met in person.

Bottom line is: some people are desperate for love. And I mean DESPERATE!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't believe she kept looking at him saying "i don't believe you" whenever he disproved something else "Danny" had said.

I had a man write to me once, he was very good looking, a single dad, and got a construction job in Africa after we met--YIKES!! My radar went up immediately with the Africa thing--he constantly wanted to call me to chat and we never did connect--he told me he had a strong accent and he also told me he was from UK.........I never sent him money--he never asked, but the whole Aftrica thing turned me off pretty quickly.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There's a show called "Catfish" on one of the cable stations here in the US. I only saw it once but it was crazy. This guy was scammed by a girl so he decided to help others track down online daters who always had excuses why they couldn't meet. On the episonde I saw, this girl had convinced herself this guy was real and he was just busy working as a model. They connected on facebook. It turned out that a girl had created the profile as revenge against the guy whose pictures were posted. SO he was a real guy but he wasn't the one corresponding with the girl. They confronted the "catfish" and she wasn't even apologetic. She thought is was funny.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode! Girl was crazy, but probably felt embarrassed about giving all that money away.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Who would give money away .... even $1, let alone $175,0000 ... to someone she has never met!!!

Girls got issues!!!