Viacyte Study

I've been watching this for a few years now and it is entering human trials now... I am cautiously hopeful.

http://viacyte.com/products/pec‐encap-vc-01/

Replies

• tuppersteen82
    tuppersteen82 Posts: 3 Member
    This is flipping amazing! Do you know if these studies were done in the states? Id hate to get all excited about it to have someone say "DENIED" like most other things bc of our T1D.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    This is flipping amazing! Do you know if these studies were done in the states? Id hate to get all excited about it to have someone say "DENIED" like most other things bc of our T1D.

I'm not sure, but if it goes to market, I sure hope it is available here.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Currently, the patients in the VC02-001 study are taking 1 of 2 routes. Patients 1 and 2 are taking immuno-suppressive drugs. Patient 3 is taking a very intense IV-delivered drug that kills the immune system. I heard this takes 5 days at 8 hrs. per day, but not sure how long it lasts.

Also, what I'm hearing is that they learned that not everyone responds the same way to the same stem cells. Different patients need different stem cells.

Finally, keep in mind that there are multiple pods to be implanted. It will leave lots of marks and scars...
  • tuppersteen82
    tuppersteen82 Posts: 3 Member
    I mean really, what is another mark or scar at this point?? At 36 and 30 yrs of being T1D I could care less. Thank you for this valuable info.