Let's do this!!

Options
2»

Replies

• brittvas1
    brittvas1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I've had a great last few days. I didnt lose any weight for over a week because of too many cheat meals, but I told myself at least I didnt gain any and got back on the grind. Four days later and I've lost 2 lbs. I feel like the strength training in my exercises is what really helped. Down 23.8 lbs, more than half way to my first goal weight of 180.
  • Keeping_Keto
    Keeping_Keto Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hope all had a great weekend. I went to the shore for the weekend did really well with track food and eating as healthy as i could. Today i have about 500 calories left to eat but not hungry. Do eat just to make up the calories?

I don't want to make up calories. But I do eat six times a day keep my metabolism working, per my trainers instructions. Some of my snacks are low calorie like veggies.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    amburglar3 wrote: »
    Hope all had a great weekend. I went to the shore for the weekend did really well with track food and eating as healthy as i could. Today i have about 500 calories left to eat but not hungry. Do eat just to make up the calories?

I don't want to make up calories. But I do eat six times a day keep my metabolism working, per my trainers instructions. Some of my snacks are low calorie like veggies.

I also eat during the course of the day, sometimes i miss breakfast. I don't sleep well at night so if i am not working that next morning i find myself sleeping in because i might of only gotten 3 hours of sleep during the night. I pick sleep over food. I try to make up the calories during the day but find myself forcing myself to eat just to try and get MFP to calculate where i will be in pounds in a few weeks.
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group.Starting weight was 223 down to 220 when I weighed in last thursday. I am on low thyroid medicine and hi blood pressure meds. heart medicine, antidepressants and mood stabilizers all of which contributed to a 40 pound weight gain in the past 2 years. I had lost 25 pounds on weight watchers 2.5 years ago.
    Their new program didn't work for me when I tried it a little over a year ago. MFP is much more accurate way to measure your actual intake and much better support than sitting in a meeting listening to a lecture.
    Congrats everyone on your successes!
    Janet
  • norcalichick395
    norcalichick395 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way with WW new program. Sometimes change isn’t always for the better. Wishing you lots of success! Hopefully some of these changes will help you get off some of the meds. I know that the increased activity level and eating better has helped my depression greatly.
  • carterbrent
    Options
    I saw my dr Last week and she said now my blood sugar is 100 which is borderline pre diabetes. I am 55 and it seems like I am falling apart healthwise. I bought a really good book on reversing diabetes and have been trying to eat better quality foods while paying attention to daily calories as well and I have had a good week. Will weigh in tommorow.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    I felt the same way with WW new program. Sometimes change isn’t always for the better. Wishing you lots of success! Hopefully some of these changes will help you get off some of the meds. I know that the increased activity level and eating better has helped my depression greatly.

I am actually doing both, on WW lost according to their scale 16 pounds in 4 weeks, seems like it working but i am cheating and also use MFP to check where my numbers are falling. I don't like only using the point system and not seeing how many fats, carbs, sugar and calories i am consuming. MFP keeps me in check with those numbers. I joined WW because its making me be accountable.
  • carterbrent
    Options
    That is excellent progress on WW. I just was really hungry all the time and the leader kept saying fill up on veggies but they didn't really satisfy my cravings very well. I had such a sweet tooth and ww doesn't really accomodate that on the new program like it did on the old program. I think a piece of cake is like 24 points now.
    It just got really expensive and I was gaining. Its pretty hard to go in each week when you know you have gained. I think the new program is a healthier way of eating so Kudos to you for your success!
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    That is excellent progress on WW. I just was really hungry all the time and the leader kept saying fill up on veggies but they didn't really satisfy my cravings very well. I had such a sweet tooth and ww doesn't really accomodate that on the new program like it did on the old program. I think a piece of cake is like 24 points now.
    It just got really expensive and I was gaining. Its pretty hard to go in each week when you know you have gained. I think the new program is a healthier way of eating so Kudos to you for your success!

Thank you.
    We all need to find the right tools that help each of us. Keep logging in your food on MFP, watch those carbs and sugars. They will get us all the time. Good luck