Late April/Early May 2018 babies?

Options
earthsember
earthsember Posts: 435 Member
I would love to chat/add some ladies due around this time. I am currently ~11 weeks, and fairly overweight.
After my first I lost 75lbs, went to grad school and gained it almost all back, started losing again and now have baby #2 coming :D I need to keep my weight under control during this and then get back to some serious losing after :)

Replies

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am almost 9 weeks, due May 18th. I too have had up and down weights. I lost 130 pounds 4 years ago (preparing for babies) but then life happened and starting a family got put on the back burner! I gained 90ish back in that time. I am starting the pregnancy way higher than I should, but am hoping to not let things get further out of hand along the way. So far, I've been doing pretty good maintaining weight in the first trimester. I've yet to have a discussion with doctors about an overall weight goal for the pregnancy yet but assume we'll discuss that at my next appointment in early November.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    SheilAnne, I am starting way higher than I should as well, actually I am right where I was when I had my first (she was unplanned, but couldn't be happier with her ♡, my husband and I had a contraception fail). I was convinced I would end up with eclampsia or gestational diabetes due to my weight, but thankfully everything went well and I have a happy healthy little girl. I am hoping for things to go that way again!
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yay, Ive been hoping a thread like this would appear! Looking for friends with similar dates as well! Im due May 7th with baby #2, so 10w + 4! Just for my background, 9 years ago I lost 100 lbs and maintained for the most part, although settled and never really reached my actual goal (Highest was 300, lowest was 197- My GOAL weight is actually 180 lbs)

Before conceiving baby #1 in 2014, I gained 25-30 lbs. So I began that pregnancy at nearly 230 lbs. I stayed fairly healthy and active (I love the gym), and gained 30 lbs but was still very heavy by the end because of where I started. Post delivery I was still 247! :neutral:

After losing the baby weight, in 2016, I became a group fitness instructor, teaching at my gym. Before conceiving this baby #2, I was in the best shape Ive ever been in, and about 17 lbs away from my long time goal.. (My "after" profile photo is me this summer at 200 lbs).

Im currently +3 lbs, and aiming for a 20-25 lb gain! Whatever baby needs without going overboard. Anything excess I gain is just extra work to lose later, haha. Feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm due in early June with my first baby :) I am approaching the first trimester with an aim to maintain but recompose-- so lose some body fat and gain muscle mass. I'm 167.5 now, so I expect to stay in the 160s range during the 1st Tri if I keep up with my strength training and stay on top of eating well. I'll be using Libra app to track my weight and body fat. We'll see how well all that jives with my crushing exhaustion levels!
  • MrsLopez91
    MrsLopez91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 13.5wks pregnant now, due April 20, 2018 but I'll be having a scheduled csection about a week or so before due date (not sure when exactly yet but I should be finding out soon).. I've had one successful pregnancy that unfortunately ended in an emergency csection. He came out perfectly healthy though so no complaints. But I've also experienced a miscarriage last year that was very difficult to get over. When I found out I was pregnant again this year I was not at all ready emotionally or physically. I had been trying to lose weight and got down 30+lbs before I found out. I still had much to go before I even wanted to consider trying again. God had other plans but I'm forreal beyond excited now. I'm trying to maintain my weight now and just be as healthy as I can to give this baby everything it needs to grow strong. Making it to the second trimester with no complications was a big relief for me though so YAY lol.
    Wishing you all happy healthy pregnancies!! <3<3
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Due in early April, does that count? Congratulations to everyone <3
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    How is everything going April/May mommas?

I just passed 13 weeks and feel some energy coming back, hoping to get back into the gym later this week perhaps. As winter sets in I'd prefer not to be trying to take walks on all the ice!

I'm hovering around 1.5 pounds gained so far, depending on the day. I'm really happy with that, but am nervous as I move into managing small gains each week. My doctor recommended 10-15 pounds.
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    How is everything going April/May mommas?

I just passed 13 weeks and feel some energy coming back, hoping to get back into the gym later this week perhaps. As winter sets in I'd prefer not to be trying to take walks on all the ice!

I'm hovering around 1.5 pounds gained so far, depending on the day. I'm really happy with that, but am nervous as I move into managing small gains each week. My doctor recommended 10-15 pounds.

Only 1.5 pounds at this point it great! Im at +9.4... which is slightly above the target im trying to follow. With my son, at this same point, I had only gained 3 lbs, but I also began that pregnancy about 30 lbs heavier than I did this time. Plus, with him, I caught up to the 10 lb gain mark suddenly by 19 weeks... so its really not too far off from the 15.5 weeks Im at now. Im sure itll even out for me in the next 2-3 weeks where I did just have a sudden "spurt" in my gaining. Thats usually followed by a few slower weeks luckily, haha

Why did your doctor only recommend 10-15 lbs? Is that entire pregnancy? I started about 30 lbs overweight, and my doctor still always recommends 25-35! Even last time, I was 60 lbs overweight starting, and same thing! Im glad because I worked out, ate carefully, and didnt have any junk food cravings and still gained 30! Our bodies know what they need, so as long as we're getting good nutrition and being healthy, we should try not to stress over it too much! Although, a guideline sure is helpful when it comes to making good decisions! haha

• SheilAnneSmith
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yep, for the whole pregnancy. I'm start closer to 90+ overweight, it seems that's what recommendations are given my starting weight if you do some searching online as well. We'll see how well I do.
  • mandiapril
    mandiapril Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Mandi and I just found this group - I've never ventured into the Community Portal on MFP. I'm due on April 26th and just started tracking my calories about a month ago after realizing I'd put on way too much weight my first trimester. Happy to report back I've been able to stall the weight gain and even lost a couple pounds. I am 21 weeks tomorrow and up 13.4 lbs. Reallyyy hoping I can keep my total weight gain to 20-25 lbs.
    I started at 172 and am 5'3" so a bit on the chunky side. I've been walking regularly for for the past few weeks doing 3 miles at 4.0 pace a few times a week and that seems to be helping a lot. Unfortunately I'm not able to do anything much more physical than that due to a partial placenta previa. Anyways, happy to be here and have the support!
  • Balanced_Elephant
    Balanced_Elephant Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    My name is Makinsey... This is baby#3 for me & I'm due May 15th. I'm 5' and my starting weight was 127. I will be 20 weeks on Tuesday and unfortunately I'm up 10-12 lbs already. I have stayed away from MFP since finding out I was pregnant. I didn't know there was a pregnancy group until I started messing around on here today. It's awesome! I would love to connect with more people on here. More support, the better!.... Congrats ladies!
  • ShondraJ28
    ShondraJ28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm due May 17th 2018. I lost about 30 lbs from April to September, found out I was pregnant. Went Into the mind set, im going to get fat anyways, so I stayed away from MyFitnessPal. I was 165 now I'm 192. I gained almost 30 lbs and so disappointed. I decided to come back and lose the food weight and just be all baby.
  • RealityCheck2
    RealityCheck2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    20+ wks now. Due May 7th/2018. 5'6" Was 135lbs. Miscarried and before my body could adjust experienced an injury, didn't have a chance to lose the weight so started at 165, and am now 170 - 180, and getting back to my regular routines now (Sciatica be prepared, you will not stop me!). Decided I'd better get myself back in here and be dedicated and accurate, which given that my routunes have had to change so much for so many reaons has been confusing at best. The goal was/is to not go above 170 by EoT. Grateful to know I'm not the only one. My best to everyone, I hope that we all enjoy so much that taking best care becomes easier, and more fun! <3
  • agkruz
    agkruz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    20 weeks, due 19th May. 5'7'', was around 143lbs pre-pregnancy. Went down to 136lbs in 1st trimester with sickness but for the past few weeks have been re-feeding with vengeance and just found myself at 152lbs.. Started logging on Monday just to re-set reality. Cleaning out added sugar and fast food snacks, the rest should hopefully fall into places naturally.
    Fitnesswise, pre-pregnancy was training for a sub 2 hrs half marathon and then suddenly overnight couldn't as much as walk a mile with breathlessness, nausea and exhaustion. Last couple of weeks have been great though! Am back in the gym, doing spin, body pump, a bit of light treadmill jogging etc. Calories aside, makes such a massive difference, just to feel a bit more like myself again. When you're so used to regular exercise being your main stress outlet and sanity maintenance tool, not having access to it is just really really tough.
    I'm starting to see this whole pregnancy and birth thing as a bit of a Iron Man or Marathon equivalent. It's massively physical and shocking to the system, and the body needs to be prepared for it. Hoping to be able to keep moving - with adjustments - all the way to the finish line.