Mini Goal Challenge - Week of October 16th to 22nd

Options

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    So far I have been doing good, although I felt horrible yesterday. I am not so sure about today yet. I have a headache and I forgot to take my water bottle to work... not hydrating way enough. At least I went to the gym yesterday and plan to go on friday.

1) Stay hydrated 2/7
    2) Go to gym 1/2
    3) Get one personal task done every day 2/7
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Keep up the good work Everyone!! :smiley:

I went to store this morning and resisted the chips and skins. I have a bad habit of getting skins as the healthier option. I know they are better than chips but I still consider them junk food and empty calories and I have plenty of fruit I can snack on that are not empty calories. I had fast food yesterday but not too bad and was still able to stay in the green (blue..lol)

Have a great day!!

Goals week of 10/16/17:
    1) No fast food - 1/6
    2) No junk food – 2/6
    3) WW blue dot day – 2/7
    4) 7 hours of sleep - 1/3
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    * Th, F, Sa, S, M (no check in -)

887823.png

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

I went to store this morning and resisted the chips and skins. I have a bad habit of getting skins as the healthier option. I know they are better than chips but I still consider them junk food and empty calories and I have plenty of fruit I can snack on that are not empty calories.

What are skins? Like pork rinds, or like potato skins? I've only ever seen potato skins in restaurants.

Today while I was steaming some broccoli, my bf walked in with the mail. A good friend sent me a little care package out of the blue. Very sweet -- but she sent little snack packs of crackers and some flavored chocolates I've never had before that I KNOW I'd like. She's known me a long time, knows I have a really hard time passing up sugar, and that I'm currently trying not to eat it. She was just trying to be funny but this is a genuine problem for me. I'm not sure what to say to her. Anyway, so far I've resisted.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1. Exercise (cardio or strength): 2/6 - No exercise today
    2. Strength train 3 days a week: 1/3
    3. Eat minimum 5 fruits/veggies a day: 3/7 - strawberries, tomato, red pepper, broccoli x3, banana
    4. Eat adequate protein 7 days a week: 3/7 - Egg, whey & tuna
  • goldthistime
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »

I went to store this morning and resisted the chips and skins. I have a bad habit of getting skins as the healthier option. I know they are better than chips but I still consider them junk food and empty calories and I have plenty of fruit I can snack on that are not empty calories.

What are skins? Like pork rinds, or like potato skins? I've only ever seen potato skins in restaurants.

Today while I was steaming some broccoli, my bf walked in with the mail. A good friend sent me a little care package out of the blue. Very sweet -- but she sent little snack packs of crackers and some flavored chocolates I've never had before that I KNOW I'd like. She's known me a long time, knows I have a really hard time passing up sugar, and that I'm currently trying not to eat it. She was just trying to be funny but this is a genuine problem for me. I'm not sure what to say to her. Anyway, so far I've resisted.

I have a friend who did that kind of thing for years and years. I think she just wanted to treat me but it was hard to shake that little thought that she was trying to sabotage my diet. SHE is trying to lose weight now and finally gets it. Update us on how you handle it.
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Goals for week of 10/16:

1) 2.5 hours of exercise total for the week
    2) 5 servings of fruit and veggies daily
    3) Meet macro goal of 20% protein
    4) Phone/Kindle/TV off by 11pm

For 10/18, day 3/8:
    1) Exercise: Walked 20 min ea way to/from work. 1 hr, 10 mins for the week.
    2) Fruits & Veggies: yes 3/7
    3) Protein: Yes, pre-logged to make sure 2/7
    4) Bedtime: Again, went to bed on time but woke up earlier than I needed to. 3/7

So, I decided I didn't need water as a goal any more but today was too low. I'm trying to finish enough before it gets too late.
  • journeyto69
    journeyto69 Posts: 32 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Check in for three days
    1. workout 5 times in week 3/5
    2. drink 2l of water everyday 2/7
    3. don't eat bread and sweets (only low carb)2/7
    4. 15 minutes of decluttering 5 times in week 2/5
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Goals for week of October 16-22 Day 3
    1. Workout 4 times a week (2/4) Didn't workout yesterday as I am coming down with a cold and feel quite ill. Will see how I feel later today.
    2. Log calories every day (3/7)
    3. Drink at least 2 L of water (3/7)
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Goals for week of 10/16:

For 10/19, day 4/7:
    1) Exercise: Walked a mile at work to check a construction site, did 15 min of sprint/walk intervals this evening. 1 hr, 50 mins for the week.
    2) Fruits & Veggies: yes 4/7
    3) Protein: Yes, 3/7
    4) Bedtime: Went to sleep on time, actually got close to 8hrs. 4/7
  • cjsacto
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have a friend who did that kind of thing for years and years. I think she just wanted to treat me but it was hard to shake that little thought that she was trying to sabotage my diet. SHE is trying to lose weight now and finally gets it. Update us on how you handle it.

I waited til today and texted her. I thanked her for thinking of me but told her I couldn't eat them and to please not send me sugar. I tried to be light about it. She thought it was funny... She suggested I hold on to them to give them to my mom, who I won't see for a while. She really doesn't understand the genuine struggle I have, that I don't want them around the house. I don't want to be ungrateful, I mean she took the time to send me a card and little gifties, but she knows I'm not eating sugar, she even put a joke about it on the wrapping. She's a dear, good friend, like a sister to me, but has always been something of a food pusher, and I've almost always given in.
  • cjsacto
    Options
    Goals for week of October 16-22 Day 3
    1. Workout 4 times a week (2/4) Didn't workout yesterday as I am coming down with a cold and feel quite ill. Will see how I feel later today.
    2. Log calories every day (3/7)
    3. Drink at least 2 L of water (3/7)

Hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I planned to go to the gym today, but the stupid TOM is baaad... so I might have to postpone for one of the weekend options. At least there are options left. I am also bad with the water, but unexpectedly good with the tasks.

1) Stay hydrated 3/7
    2) Go to gym 1/2
    3) Get one personal task done every day 4/7
  • goldthistime
    Options
    1. Exercise (cardio or strength): 3/6 - tennis, weights, golf, tennis yesterday!
    2. Strength train 3 days a week: 2/3 - pb on leg press
    3. Eat minimum 5 fruits/veggies a day: 4/7 - blueberries tomato, broccoli, carrot, arugula, squash
    4. Eat adequate protein 7 days a week: 3/7 - Egg, whey & trout

Great week for me so far. There's a refeed thread in the forums lately that matches my experiences. I have what I call "accidental refeeds" all the time. When I get back on track everything seems so much easier.

@cjsacto So what have you done with the treats? Looks like a great week so far for you.

@borntowin4me I'm fighting off a cold too. I think I'm winning. A couple months ago my daughter suggested a home remedy that was new to me: drink herbal tea all day long. The idea is supposed to be that the hot liquids flush away the virus from your throat. It's harmless even if it is also baseless, and the couple of times I tried it I've been successful.

@journeyto69 Looks like a good week happening there.

@skymningen Congrats on getting things accomplished things despite TOM.
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 941 Member
    Options

I waited til today and texted her. I thanked her for thinking of me but told her I couldn't eat them and to please not send me sugar. I tried to be light about it. She thought it was funny... She suggested I hold on to them to give them to my mom, who I won't see for a while. She really doesn't understand the genuine struggle I have, that I don't want them around the house. I don't want to be ungrateful, I mean she took the time to send me a card and little gifties, but she knows I'm not eating sugar, she even put a joke about it on the wrapping. She's a dear, good friend, like a sister to me, but has always been something of a food pusher, and I've almost always given in.

This does appear like sabotage. I remember doing a stellar job of losing weight one summer long ago (when I was 16 actually), and a friend of mine knew this about me very well, came over to see me one hot summer day. On her way over, she stopped at an ice cream store and got us ice creams. She then stood at my door with two ice cream cones, one in each hand, the ice cream melting down the cone and on to her hands and forearms, with a big grin on her face. And I ate the ice cream! But I was furious inside. I was too polite back then to speak my mind, thinking I would hurt her feelings. Now I see it very differently. She didn't want me to succeed - it made her feel crappy about herself. What I've observed through the years is that all my fit and thin friends can turn stuff like that down with total ease because they are that committed to their lifestyle and they make no apology for it. What I would say now is, "I really appreciate that you're thinking about me. I'm not eating that type of stuff so how about I put it in the freezer for you to take back home when you go, or would you rather I throw it out?"

In the case of your friend - given you are so close to her and that she is a food pusher, at my age & stage - I would give her that feedback - "I really struggle with you doing this and though I know you're being thoughtful, I don't find it supportive of my journey. I need to give it away and I feel bad about that too."...and give that stuff away today! My 2 cents anyway. It is your journey and I respect your choices!! Hang in there.
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Goals for week of October 16-22 Day 4
    1. Workout 4 times a week (2/4) Didn't workout still.
    2. Log calories every day (4/7)
    3. Drink at least 2 L of water (3/7) Nope

@cjsacto Thank you. Still not well but trying to fight it with a lot of cold medicine
    @goldthistime Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it. Anything so this cold won't get the best of me.

• cjsacto
    Options
    Goals for week of 10/16:

For 10/20, day 5/7:
    1) Exercise: Mellow jog this evening. 2 hr, 10 mins for the week.
    2) Fruits & Veggies: yes 5/7
    3) Protein: Within 1%, I think yes. 4/7
    4) Bedtime: No, stayed up to 12:30 last night for no reason. 4/7

Had another bad water day, might add that one back in.

I left the candy in the break room at work.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

This does appear like sabotage. I remember doing a stellar job of losing weight one summer long ago (when I was 16 actually), and a friend of mine knew this about me very well, came over to see me one hot summer day. On her way over, she stopped at an ice cream store and got us ice creams. She then stood at my door with two ice cream cones, one in each hand, the ice cream melting down the cone and on to her hands and forearms, with a big grin on her face. And I ate the ice cream! But I was furious inside. I was too polite back then to speak my mind, thinking I would hurt her feelings. Now I see it very differently. She didn't want me to succeed - it made her feel crappy about herself. What I've observed through the years is that all my fit and thin friends can turn stuff like that down with total ease because they are that committed to their lifestyle and they make no apology for it. What I would say now is, "I really appreciate that you're thinking about me. I'm not eating that type of stuff so how about I put it in the freezer for you to take back home when you go, or would you rather I throw it out?"

In the case of your friend - given you are so close to her and that she is a food pusher, at my age & stage - I would give her that feedback - "I really struggle with you doing this and though I know you're being thoughtful, I don't find it supportive of my journey. I need to give it away and I feel bad about that too."...and give that stuff away today! My 2 cents anyway. It is your journey and I respect your choices!! Hang in there.
    I could go into this one but I definitely agree on the sabotage is real from some of those who are not use to us thinner and when we are thinner it make some of our loved ones very uncomfortable to the point of sabotage whether on purpose or not. Change is hard for them so they want the old you back. I learned this the hard way and I am now very prepared for it for sure.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited October 2017
    Options

"but she knows I'm not eating sugar, she even put a joke about it on the wrapping."
    You would not be ungrateful, just being assertive. It is ok to be assertive. This was not nice and nothing no joking matter. Just continue to be assertive.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

lol, yes skins are pork rinds :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday! Have a great weekend and check in when you can!

Today was a flop, yesterday so-so, going to try to re-cover tomorrow. As of today I have lost 5 pounds, so tomorrow I will see what the damage was from today. I did not binge today but I did splurge and definitely not a blue dot day lol but moving on. 2 days before my official weigh in and tomorrow is Chinese food.

Goals week of 10/16/17:
    1) No fast food - 1/6
    2) No junk food – 2/6
    3) WW blue dot day – 4/7
    4) 7 hours of sleep - 1/3
    5) 10 min housework 2 days - 0/2 (de-clutter)
    * Sa, S, M (no check in - Th)

887823.png

This discussion has been closed.