Oct 16 Weekly Challenge: The Water Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• debk0718
    debk0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee drinker as well, but one thing I have learned to be is a "double-fisted" drinker. I always make sure I have my coffee in the morning as well as water. Not only is the water good for our bodies, it also helps wash away the teeth staining coffee.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    Whether the science supports it or not, I'm with you. I just feel better when I'm hydrated. I've replaced my second cup of coffee with green tea and I'm in love with my office mojito (water, lemon, lime, mint)! I still love my wine in the evenings so I will make the extra effort to drink more water before and after. While I may need a revolving door on the bathroom, it's definitely worth it. I think it's a huge part of my success so far. I'm down 30 pounds since June 22nd. Thanks for adding me to the group, I look forward to your insights!

Oh, your office mojito sounds yummyI I need to try that!
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It’s Wednesday and I’ve averaged about 60 ounces a day. I’ve also cleaned up my eating a little bit and I can tell that I’m not as bloated and lethargic feeling. I’m finding that when I think I’m hungry (usually because I’m bored) a drink of water helps erase that feeling. How is everyone else doing this week?
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @jaenders06, I find the same thing. If I feel like eating, a glass of water usually curbs that feeling. And if it doesn't, then I know it's hunger, not boredom.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was starting my day with water and ending it. That is 2 cups right there guaranteed. Weekend are really hard so I focus on weekdays. I did noticed I was lurking back into drinking sweet tea. Need to be careful!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was starting my day with water and ending it. That is 2 cups right there guaranteed. Weekend are really hard so I focus on weekdays. I did noticed I was lurking back into drinking sweet tea. Need to be careful!

Drinking water the first and last thing of the day is a great habit, @prgirl39mfp. I like your use of the word “lurking”. Perfect word. Bad habits we are working hard to get rid of seem to always be lurking in the background. Good for you for being cautious!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thanks @themedalist!!!
  • Jinantonix
    Jinantonix Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bit of an update on this challenge. Today (18th November) I had a Diet Coke for the first time since embarking on the Water Challenge. Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi used to be my go-to drinks after coffee. It tasted vile and very strongly of chemicals, I can’t believe I used to enjoy the taste. Anybody want a dozen cans of Diet Coke?
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @Jinantonix, Same thing happened to me years and years ago when I stopped drinking all diet sodas, especially my favorites, diet Dr Pepper and Diet Coke. One day I thought I'd indulge in a Diet Coke and.... gross! Never again. I used to have a tiny taste of my husbands real Coke once in a double-triple blue moon. But now I'm off all sodas.

Water or herbal tea are my fluids of choice now.

However, that said, now my Water Challenge is to actually drink them :laugh:

:flowerforyou: