Best motivational vidoes, books, quotes, etc.

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
Hey all! I may have asked this before, but I am hoping you'll all share some of your favorite things to gain motivation, either in riding, fitness, or life in general.
Usually for me, if I find motivation for riding, I am inspired to do better in the rest of my life so I tend to seek out sources for riding. Here is one of my favorite videos...gives me chills when I watch it! (the beginning is hard to watch, but the rest is thrilling)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN8cv-Lx4RI

Replies

• crimsongrey
    Options
    Here's another favorite: a9fivq5c2tmt.png
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I follow Denny Emerson on Facebook. Hearing what that cantankerous old man is doing, reading his stories of learning and succeeding with (quite a bit) less than the best, inspires me to keep working at what I love.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Denny is awesome! I've been lucky enough to do 2 of his adult camps in So. Pines. He's the real deal. One of my biggest motivations is something he said to me. I had had a very challenging ride in one of our stadium sessions. I was the last rider in our group to go and Denny was already frustrated with the previous riders so when I had a poor round, he simply looked at me and said "just do it again". I took a deep breath and used my frustration to get the job done and had a great round. He said "now that's how you do it!". Later in the day he saw me at the barn, pointed at me and said "You! You can really ride when you decide to!". We chatted for a few minutes and as I was fighting back tears from various emotions, he told me that I just need to let go of my baggage and ride like I know how to ride. When I'm going through a particularly tough time, I remind myself of his words.
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am so jealous of you @crimsongrey ! I'm not a jumper or eventer but Denny's resilience and constant push to do better is inspiring. I would love to just audit a lesson or clinic with him. I love that he values a variety of breeds and disciplines. He's a true horseman.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @crimsongrey - love this. “Life is a game of inches .... and there are inches all around us.” Words to live by. Words to grow by. At any age. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    v4y86ayakl98.jpg