Check-in: the Water Challenge

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
For those of you participating in this week's water challenge, how are you doing? Has drinking more water this week been helpful to you?

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I do feel better when I have water throughout the day. I usually switch over from coffee to plain water about 11:00 or noon. The building next to mine has a filtered water system, so I make the trek over to fill my bottle and get some steps in once and sometimes twice a day.
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that I'm not snacking as much. I'm reaching for my water bottle and not the candy dish (which has been banished from my desk these days). I always feel better when I stay hydrated. We have water coolers in my office and one happens to be by my desk so it's a constant reminder to keep drinking.
  • Jinantonix
    Jinantonix Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This challenge has helped me focus on increasing my water intake. I've adapted to reaching for the water bottle instead of coffee surprisingly easily and the extra trips to the loo are helping me to increase my Fitbit steps as well :). The fruit infuser has been great, but I've only tried frozen fruits so far. I've bought some citrus fruits and am planning to try different combinations.
  • themedalist
    Options
    jaenders06 wrote: »
    I'm finding that I'm not snacking as much. I'm reaching for my water bottle and not the candy dish (which has been banished from my desk these days). I always feel better when I stay hydrated. We have water coolers in my office and one happens to be by my desk so it's a constant reminder to keep drinking.

@jaenders06, replacing snacking with water is a good habit to develop. Most of the time when I have the urge to snack, I'm not truly hungry. Having a water cooler nearby is a great visual reminder.

• themedalist
    Options
    Jinantonix wrote: »
    This challenge has helped me focus on increasing my water intake. I've adapted to reaching for the water bottle instead of coffee surprisingly easily and the extra trips to the loo are helping me to increase my Fitbit steps as well :). The fruit infuser has been great, but I've only tried frozen fruits so far. I've bought some citrus fruits and am planning to try different combinations.

I'm glad this challenge has helped, @Jinantonix. I want to try a fruit infuser!

• jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Jinantonix wrote: »

I'm glad this challenge has helped, @Jinantonix. I want to try a fruit infuser!

I've thought about the fruit infusers as well but I'm weird about the little fibers. I can't stand pulp in my orange juice at all so I'm not sure I could get used to little pieces of fruit. My husband thinks I'm weird but it's a texture thing.