Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome all UAC November members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Hi my name is Shell and I love to exercise but struggle with my diet. I would like to shed 20 lbs for good.

Welcome to the group Shell...very supportive bunch!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lulu and I've been here at MFP a little over 4 years and have lost about 70 lbs. Even though I'm maintaining my weight right now I'm trying to lose a few extra lbs ahead of the holidays, 3 more by Thanksgiving, so I don't go crazy with all the delicious foods around. Last year I gained about 7 lbs between Halloween and the first of the year and I don't want to do that again.......hence, I though this challenge would be helpful.

I go to the gym 4 days a week, lifting weights and doing cardio (StairMaster or Elliptical) and spend about 2 hours there generally. The other days I walk/run with my dog. I also log my food daily and have for the last 4 years.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in November! :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,855 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’ve lost 65 pounds 15 more to go till maintenance. I workout regularly but wanting to get yoga in the mornings now. So I decided this will be perfect for that!
  • unkeptwalnut
    unkeptwalnut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am excited to join this group and get some support on my less good days. I'm Carolyn, I hit my highest weight of 256 over the summer and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a couple weeks ago. I weighed 239 this morning. My goals are to lose 64lbs, reverse that diagnosis, and get more active. I've done triathlons, century bike rides, and multi-day backpacking trips in my past, but dealing with mental health issues and the chronic illness my spouse has, I put myself on the back burner and packed on the pounds. Right now I mostly track and sometimes exercise, and that's brought me down 17 lbs since July. Let's see what I can do when I get rid of the mostly and the sometimes!
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 75 year old Westy, just starting on my way from 270 lbs to 220 lbs. Walk a lot, garden a lot, and eat and drink too much.
    Oh, yes, located in Madison, Wisconsin. Trying to learn the ropes. How do you enter and track data, or, is it linked in?
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Dolores and I have reached my goal weight. I started this group in April and love everything about it. Our leader @RangerRickL is amazing and one of our other members @craigo3154 is unbelievably knowledgable about health and fitness. Both of these guys keep me focused and wanting to do better.
    Welcome new and old members. So happy to be a part of this great group.
  • meghanbattles78
    meghanbattles78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meghan and I'm excited to join this group just to have daily accountability! I love going to the gym, but I have a hard time keeping within my calories. Hope this helps!
  • MARYPAYNE3
    MARYPAYNE3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, this is my first challenge and I'm ready!

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have some health problems with my GI / immune and have been really working on my food. I finally have discovered I can't eat grains, I haven't realized all my problem foods yet, but that has alleviated about 80% of my symptoms. I'm a huge fan of running, read books about it, watch youtube about it, dream about it -- but it's very difficult with my fatigue and persistent infections. I have trouble recovering and trouble fueling. I think building a consistent base of gentle exercise is my next step. I don't plan to over do it but putting in the time and showing up everyday will be huge for me. Planning food and eating is a nightmare for me, but I keep trying. I'm a nerdy girl from Oregon. I love all sci-fi, fantasy, and all that good stuff.
  • kyrstin326
    kyrstin326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been on MFP for a while now, but I took a long break. When I first joined, I was working on losing weight. I lost 50 pounds. Due to some personal issues, I ended up gaining it all back. I'm back and more determined than ever, so I am joining this challenge for a little motivation!
  • gup853
    gup853 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this- I've lost 18 lbs so far, but I'm allowing little cheats and I'm slowing down. I need to refocus & recommit! I have 34 lbs to go, hopefully 20 of it by Jan. 30.