November 29 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Are you one of out bright sparks this month?

pnxwqqozxu4h.jpg
    (sorry could not resist this one :) )

Let @RangerRickL. or myself (@craigo3154.) whether you are on track for being part of the winners circle this month.

nfld848ifgjd.jpg

Even if you are not part of circle, but still complete the month, you are a winner in my book.

Tomorrow is the last day of the month. Make it count.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 5.7km as recorder by my smart watch (7500 steps)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Stupid AM start this morning (4:15am). Flew interstate to work for a client and was there before 9:00am.

Writing this from the hotel.

New smart watch arrived when I was in the UK and only Tuesday did I have a chance to really set it up properly. The ZeTime was a kickstarted project and is a smart watch with real hands, touch sensitive glass, heart rate monitor, water resistant and cordless charging. It has a 7 day battery life for LCD screen using apps, and 30 days without using LCD screen.

(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1282890542/zetime-worlds-first-smartwatch-with-hands-over-tou)

To view LCD screen notification, the hands move to the 3 and 9 position so text can easily be read. Because the hands are computer controlled, it automatically syncs with time from the smart phone (so auto adjusts timezones and daylight savings).

Proving to be a great and stylish watch. There are some phone app and firmware bugs (teething problems), but it is a new concept and seems very well made.

It competes directly against products like top of the line fitbit. Although the software and functions are not as mature yet, the capability is there and the style is definitely ahead (it's a good looking analog watch).

Today it tracked my walking (steps and distance, it has the accelerometers and link to phone to do that) and heart rate and sleep. It will not replace my MapMyWalk app, but augment it.

Needless to say. I've made circle again this month. (Fifth month in a row I think).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Today is my early day. I need to run to my folks this afternoon then come home and ponder the idea of putting up the Xmas tree. I really don't want to but it's something my husband enjoys. He loves looking at the tree. My parents love decorating the house so does my sister. Me not so much.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

I can't get into the Christmas swing either this year.
    I'm sorting out the decorations on Friday, getting them ready for the 8th Dec ( I put the tree and decs up on my birthday, lol) perhaps then it'll get me more into a Christmas-sy mood.

Nov 29th
    Exercised?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Walked 7 miles this morning (18,026 steps) but will add to that later today and get up to 10 miles.
    All logged and tracked for the day so far, evening meal already logged, along with a hot drink and snack for late evening.

Total steps for Tuesday 28th - 27,691- 11.23 miles.
    Total steps for Monday 17th - 24,779 - 11.21 miles.

Doing well so far..

Hope you all have a great day today......xx

@Westschmeis - Great weight loss! Well done to you!
    @bocasdelbadbob - Lovely post you wrote yesterday. I have a child with Autism and learning difficulties, so I can relate to a lot of what you said yesterday. Not the same condition as Buddy has, but me and my son share a bond that only me and him understand, which has only strengthened in his teenage years. He's a good kid, well a man now, in body, but still a child in his mind.
    Beautiful picture - thank heavens for beer then!

@inshapeCK - You should be proud of yourself, well done for sticking with us and for posting everyday. The logging will get easier once you've got used to tracking and logging everything. Good luck for December.

@craigo3154 - Sounds like a NSV yesterday then Craig. Nice smart watch - very stylish!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @trixsey1 My sister’s birthday is 17th Dec and she doesn’t put up Christmas decs until after her birthday celebrations. She says her birthday gets lost otherwise

My family will be here from 8-15th Dec and we will be having Christmas and celebrating her birthday during that time. My mum is bringing mincemeat to bake mince pies and Roses, I can’t find either here and it’s just not Christmas without them!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So close, I had three pass days, and was sure I'd make it to the end. Then, I totally went off yesterday. I started out well, with a hike in the morning. I had my usual breakfast, a good lunch. My mistake was not eating enough to compensate for the hike. I had a long work meeting, and just before it, we had a bridal shower. There were snacks all over. I pounced on the guacamole and chips. I was starving. Then the cake . . . then more guacamole . . . A little voice in my head said, "just go for it." I don't even like cake. Then wine when I got home, since I figured I already blew it. Ah well. Lesson learned. Always plan to eat adequately after a big workout, and especially before work parties.

Congrats to everyone heading for the winner's circle! And congrats to everyone hanging in there even without making the winner's circle! I think we learn as we go along.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    29/11/2017

Taking a pass day my 2nd this month.

I had the munchies this morning and ate biscuits, me bad-so I went over my calories allowance.
    I have logged everything.
    Excercised 45 minyes walj and 30 minutes static bike

2 passes
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL @craigo3154

Two pass days for me this month so I think it's a win.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    3 x Yes for me today - finally getting back to it!
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    lyqswe3g1hxt.jpeg

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Went for an evening walk over The Wetlands, the picture does not do it justice. Today was a Forrest Gump day, I just wanted to walk and walk and walk…
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    5 mile run plus kickboxing
    Didn't actually log food today, but also didn't eat anything out of the ordinary so I know I'm within my calorie allowance.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just walking today, 12,222 steps, one hour 42 minutes as to be.
    Well under on calories, not quite as strong as yesterday, but very good on protein and fat, very satisfying and full.

Everything logged.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 29
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I was unable to log in to the MFP yesterday. I could open up the app, but it did not record anything that I tried to type in. Oh well, I was yes x 3 for yesterday as I arrived in NYC. I can see the Empire State Building which overnight reset its light display to a Christmas theme.
    My report:
    Exercise: went for a post conference exercise walk. It really clears the fog after sitting still all day
    Calories: under by 504 calories
    Tracking: ok
    I have had 2 Pass Days this month, so I am happy to be in the Winners Circle
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

3 Nos today. :(
    At least there is 1 day left in November to work on being successful.
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 38 minutes of aerobics

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 36 min cycling, strength training class, plus 9k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Think I am in winners circle this month.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,857 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Piyo/Pilates
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exercise no
    Tracking and calories yes