November 28 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    November is almost over! Several have reported in that are not in the Winners Circle.
    Please tell us if you expect to finish strong and be in the Winners Circle for November.
    I have 2 Pass Days and I expect to be in the Winners Circle. Who else? @craigo3154 I expect you will be a qualifier! @okuycan and @fightingthetideofaging will most likely be in the Circle. Who else?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Exercise is done . Well day 1 at the branch is done just have to get through Fri. On my lunch the manager made me move my car as it was in the designated spot for snow removal. There is no snow in fact yesterday it was 50 degrees outside. My boss was there so I was watched over so I didn't get eaten alive. She asked me why I moved my car I said its where the snow goes. She rolled her eyes and said OH. I just do my job and keep to myself.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Hope you're all having a good day.

Getting a chance to log in here in the evenings is proving difficult, so will post around this time from now on and hope I get chance to do so again later in the day - but if not, I don't need to worry.

Up at the crack of dawn this morning, so went for a walk which turned into a 8 mile hike, lol.
    It was dark when I left and quite light when I returned home.

Will try to get that up to 10 miles later today, as that's my goal for the weekdays.

My meals for the day are logged in advance, so all on track.

@rangerrickL - Hi Rick, I'm out of the circle this month but will send you a PM anyway.

Enjoy your day everyone.....xx
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,890 Member
    Options
    Got my morning workout in and eating planned for the day. I have 3 pass days in Nov. The most since I started UAC. But shouldn't have another so I will just make the circle
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes as there are only a couple of days to go, much to my surprise I have had just one pass day, so hopefully I will be in the winners circle for Nov. Not sure Dec will be quite so good!!

It's a three pass for me today.
    Calories within allowance.
    All logged.
    Walking 45 minutes and 30 minutes static bike.

Enjoy your day/ evening all.

• bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like reading @2020pinktogo. She causes me to elaborate. Heh, maybe we cause each other to elaborate.
    No winners circle for me. I been too lax at reporting in.
    I am kind of tracking mostly and I got my weight maintained.
    My wife wants to lose more weight. I think she looks fine but losing weight is always good.
    Hard part of that is that I am the resident nutritionist around here.
    The other hard part about that is that I typically get 4 or 5 thousand exercise calories per week. That is because I am retired. She only gets step type exercise and that don't add up to much.
    So we got a massive difference in what we can get away with eating. So it is salads for "us" while I am sneaking in massive carbs when she ain't looking.

Buddy - Did I ever tell you guys about my little Buddy? He is a funny little guy that has delayed development. But I tell you what, he loves me. I spend a lot of time thinking about that. I spend a lot of time with him. His mom is happy as a clam that we latched on to each other. Family dynamics, she calls me grampa Bob. Buddy, he just laughs and laughs.
    I belt walked him to the park yesterday. He laughed the whole time. I take him home, I like taking his shoes off. Well, they is AFO's, ankle foot orthotics. They ain't fun to wear. I know that much. But I take them off of him when we are done walking. I don't know how to describe it but it is a good thing and he associates it with me. I give him walking and I give his feet comfort when we are done. My association with Buddy is the stuff of pure joy.

Retirement - I drink too much beer and I don't spend enough time with Buddy.

I went climbing today. Didn't get my 2,000 but I am amping up. 24,500 feet so far for the month and there is a couple of days left. I keep thinking I will get another 30,000 foot month. Don't know if that will happen. Maybe that is all the stuff of days gone by.

I ought to put a picture of something ... let me see here ...
    Oh yeah,
    I stood on this cliff and I thought about jumping. Then I remembered I still had beer left.

rouko0wueyc6.jpg

• BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Got my exercise in today, but over on calories and didn't track. Has been a stressful week, but set to get better. Sorry @RangerRickL but I am out of the winners circle on my first month. Disappointed in myself this past week, but determined to persevere!
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I like reading @2020pinktogo. She causes me to elaborate. Heh, maybe we cause each other to elaborate.
    No winners circle for me. I been too lax at reporting in.
    I am kind of tracking mostly and I got my weight maintained.
    My wife wants to lose more weight. I think she looks fine but losing weight is always good.
    Hard part of that is that I am the resident nutritionist around here.
    The other hard part about that is that I typically get 4 or 5 thousand exercise calories per week. That is because I am retired. She only gets step type exercise and that don't add up to much.
    So we got a massive difference in what we can get away with eating. So it is salads for "us" while I am sneaking in massive carbs when she ain't looking.

Buddy - Did I ever tell you guys about my little Buddy? He is a funny little guy that has delayed development. But I tell you what, he loves me. I spend a lot of time thinking about that. I spend a lot of time with him. His mom is happy as a clam that we latched on to each other. Family dynamics, she calls me grampa Bob. Buddy, he just laughs and laughs.
    I belt walked him to the park yesterday. He laughed the whole time. I take him home, I like taking his shoes off. Well, they is AFO's, ankle foot orthotics. They ain't fun to wear. I know that much. But I take them off of him when we are done walking. I don't know how to describe it but it is a good thing and he associates it with me. I give him walking and I give his feet comfort when we are done. My association with Buddy is the stuff of pure joy.

Retirement - I drink too much beer and I don't spend enough time with Buddy.

I went climbing today. Didn't get my 2,000 but I am amping up. 24,500 feet so far for the month and there is a couple of days left. I keep thinking I will get another 30,000 foot month. Don't know if that will happen. Maybe that is all the stuff of days gone by.

I ought to put a picture of something ... let me see here ...
    Oh yeah,
    I stood on this cliff and I thought about jumping. Then I remembered I still had beer left.

rouko0wueyc6.jpg

Special children are a special gift, they are usually very happy despite all they have to contend with, treasure him always. Thank you for sharing
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @bocasdelbadbob Your posts make me smile and I like how much beer you drink, man after my own heart!

@2020pinktogo I enjoy your Work stories. I worked in a drive through when I first came to America, I couldn’t understand them, they couldn’t understand me…it didn’t end well!

@RangerRickL No winners circle for me this month. Maybe December will be mine ?!?!

• glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was up most of the night and felt like crud. I made myself eat and tea with honey took up most of my carbs today. I forced myself to do a 30 minute workout so I wouldn’t have to take a pass. No rowing machine or weights for me today.

Exercise yes
    Calories under
    Logging done

@RangerRickL with only taking two passes so far, it looks like I will make the circle!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 50 minutes of strength training and a 2 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Definitely not in the winner's circle, but I'll keep trying :)
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 28
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Back in track today!
    Food logged
    Good on calories
    4 mile run plus lifting
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 28
    Exercised?: Yes. I walked for over an hour this morning.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

I took 3 pass days (only planned for one), but that's it for me for the month. I should make the winner's circle. @RangerRickL
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exercise-bike riding and weights
    Calories-yes
    Tracking-yes

I am not in the winner's circle, but seeing progress. Congratulations to you who have made it this month!
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    12,491 steps today, plus started a new dumbbell routine that should help next month, and got in 20 minutes on the Nordic Trak. Dynamite day for me!

Calories well under.

Everything logged.

I only had two pass days from the Thanksgiving binge, so should make it to be in the winners circle. The discipline provided by this group was a huge part of my success. Have lost 7.2 lbs in November with two days to go.

Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement. Looking forward to another good month in December.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?

YES. ASKED MY DAD TO GO FOR A HIKE WITH ME THIS AFTERNOON AND WE WALKED FOR AN HOUR AND 19 MINUTES. DID A BEGINNER TRAIL AND A MODERATE TRAIL AND PART OF AN ADVANCED TRAIL.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?

YES. I ACTUALLY THINK I I DIDN'T EAT ENOUGH WHICH IS A RARITY FOR ME.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

YES. I HAVE LOGGED MY FOOD IN MY FOOD DIARY FOR 3 DAYS IN A ROW WHICH IS AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR ME.

DEFINITELY NOT IN THE WINNERS CIRCLE BUT PROUD OF MYSELF FOR POSTING IN THIS GROUP EVERY DAY AND EXERCISING MOST DAYS AND STARTING TO RECORD MY FOOD IN MY FOOD DIARY NOTES OR LOG MY FOOD IN MY FOOD DIARY.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 min run plus 11k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes well under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, even the 2 goldfish crackers (5 cal).

I think I've had 3 pass days and expect to be the winner's circle.
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes of aerobics and 10 minutes of strength training

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes