November 27 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL. Looking great. Both you and your wife. Beautiful scenery too. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry I was not able to open discussion yesterday being in transit, but I have a question for those here. How do you get around?

id9fqdxdlm78.jpg

I mainly walk.

My knees may be able to take running, but I see walking as less damaging on my body long term (and less prone to injury), so I keep with walk over run.

I do have a mountain bike and I used to ride in the hills, but it gets cumbersome to get out (no convenient storage) and needs maintenance. Walking, I just put on shoes and go.

As a kid, I grew up swimming a lot. However it is a bit of a drive to the nearest pool (and a long way to the ocean). I enjoy swimming when I have the chance, but I do not often make the opportunity.

How do you get around?
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November 27
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 38 mins
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Nice to be back home. Nice to be walking in familiar surrounds where it slightly warmer :)

Nice surprise yesterday when flying Dubai to Melbourne. Emirates had taken note of my preference change 3 days earlier for a gluten free meals (Qantas had not and the in-flight staff were not very accomodating when it came to options on the flight from London to Dubai). On Emirates I could eat everything served in the served meals (and they were delicious). Did not leave the 13+ hour flight feeling that I needed to eat more.

This was a sticker on one of the items. It sums up what I feel is working for me. "gf - gluten free - great feeling"
    ssab9m8tg3lp.jpg

I do not have celiac disease. However, over the past months I have found my body works much better without foods that typically contain gluten (wheat, rye, barley, malt). Less inflammation, less water retention, more energy, better weight management, better mood and concentration. Considering I know this, why eat wheat, rye, barley or malt when avoidable. From this I would judge myself slightly gluten sensitive, but not gluten intolerant.

Practical result was that I feel I adjusted the 11 hour time difference between UK and Australia even quicker than I have ever done in the past.

I really feel for those who have a high gluten intolerance. Wheat, rye, barley and malt are almost everywhere in our modern food chain.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I will not be in the winners circle this month. After caring for mom on Sat Sun I got up with good intentions but suddenly wasn't feeling well. I will be taking it easy for a few days. As the caretaker I can not be out of commission for any length of time. I am at the branch today and Friday. Honestly if I was at the main office I just might be using a personal day. I am hoping for a slow day so I can go home early.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

So sorry I haven't been around much, I've been really sick, but over the worst of it now.
    Woke bright eyes and bushy tailed this morning and managed a short steady jog this morning and a 50 min walk this afternoon and I feel great - compared to how I have been feeling this past week! Urgh!

So, a new week, a new me and back on track once again. MFP has reset itself back to 0 as I haven't been online, but that's okay. A clean slate starting today!

I haven't had chance to read missed posts, but I hope everyone is doing well. Just a few more days left for November - good luck making that winner's circle!

I'm out this month, I tried to track early on, but I just got too sick and gave up, I haven't been able to keep anything down either, so trying to get a meal in me and keeping it to stay put was a task in itself. Urgh, glad that's over with!

I tried to keep active the best I could, made myself get up and walk around averaging 4000 steps to my usual 10,000, so still had over 20mins of exercise a day, even on the bad days which I'm proud of, lol.
    If this was a year ago when I didn't have the UAC to fall back to, I would have just given up completely, but I have this group now and I don't want to disappoint anyone nor myself, lol.

Looking forward to December's UAC.

Have a lovely day everyone....xx
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    How do I get around?
    Get around, get around, I get around. Heh there is a Beach Boys song that has that in it.
    I turned 65 a few days ago and I am pretty happy that I am still as mobile as I am.
    I got some mobility infirmities creeping in but I am fighting them.
    How do I get around? Mostly biking. If I can come up with an excuse to bike, I will bike. I ain't big on city streets any more. Traffic scares me too much but I can do the short haul up to see my little Buddy.
    Since I don't really go very far, typically fifteen miles or less, I always climb. In my mind climbing is better than distance. So I climb out every other day or so.
    Gotta keep moving as much as I can for as long as I can.

Over the holiday my wife and I went to a condo at a ski area. There wasn't much snow. I didn't think there would be so I took my bike. But there were snow patches that made biking awkward. I have to get off and walk across those. But that is all exercising outside so it is all good. It ain't good if I fall and break my hip thinking I can ride across ice. I don't want to have to recover from something like that at my age.

I haven't been a very good UAC'er this month. Sporadic at checking in. My weight is ok with small oscillation around my set point. They would call me maintenance mode if I was at Weight Watchers. I still got to track though or I will get it all back. I seen people lose massive weight and then get it all back. November and December is a candle burning at both ends for me. It gets cold and I don't want to go outside. There is a party or a feast what seems like every other day. I always swear I ain't gonna but I gain. Bite the bullet, I am going to have to get some spin classes going.

I better put a picture. I saw this the other day. I ride my bike kind of by here sometimes. It is 3 or 4 hour drive from my house though.
    Hey, I got 23,000 feet of climbing this month! Might as well brag about it.

gl5tzkdraecc.jpg

• cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    zd9go13b6oe6.jpeg
    Here is a photo of my wife Rose and I standing at the rim of the Reventazon River Valley which you can see behind us. I’ll post a picture below of this beautiful Costa Rican river valley. It is truly awesome

@RangerRickL: This is a lovely picture of you and your wife, Rose :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    How do I get around.

I don't drive so it's walk and buses otherwise I would have to stay at home. Nothing wrong with any of the options above whilst I can I use my legs.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nov 27th

Exercised?: Yes. 52min jog, 50 min walk.

How do I get around?

I mainly walk also. I can drive, but don't have a car.
    I rely on my own two feet and public transport if the destination is too far to walk. If it's in walking distance I will happily go by foot or bike.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Day 27 of the USC for Nov.

Yes it's a good one.
    Stayed with calorie allowance and all logged.
    45 minutes walk and 20 minutes static bike.

Have a good evening.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Not a good time - exercised but not tracking and probably over goal. Husband's birthday so some excuse...

I mainly walk. Our car is back on the road so don't have to shop on foot, but still walking the dogs and to get around.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min. walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 27
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I fell apart last week. Trying to start fresh today.
    -No real exercise today, just foam rolling recovery. I had planned to swim, but I've had several days of really crappy workouts, and I just know that I needed to take the day off. I hate taking Mondays off - it limits flexibility if something comes up later in the week.
    -Was doing well with logging and calories, until my wife decided to be "helpful" and cook dinner. She doesn't measure like I do, so I think I'm still good, but hard to know for sure.
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I spread my workout throughout the day today. I feel like I’m coming down with some crud so couldn’t do it all at once.

Exercise: Pilates, rowing, and weights
    Calories: I was under by more, but after three cough drops and cough syrup I’m ending just a smidge under. :-/
    Logging: done. Even the freakin cough syrup.

I drive EVERYWHERE. Everything is too spread out here to make anything else even somewhat convenient. That is one thing I love about cities is just being able to walk everywhere.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 27
    Exercised?: Yes. I moved at points throughout the day.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Dog walk x 2 and an evening walk with Hubby

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My preferred mode of transport is walking. However, I live in US and a lot of places are just too far. Like CraigO, I have a bike but it’s awkward to get out. I might try tomorrow.

I grew up in England where walking biking, and for me, roller skating we’re all modes of transport. I think it’s really good for the heart. I also like a drink so it eliminates any worry about DD, I just walk to the pub and take Lyft home
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Back on the program, after two passes over Thanksgiving. Kept up my walking and activities, but just ate and drank too much.

Today was good. 10,275 steps, plus Nordic Trak, and the usual taxi duties for wife and granddaughter.

Well under on calories, good strong deficit today.

Everything logged.

I love walking every day, but also have the fa Emily taxi demands every day. Good to stay busy, neh??
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?

YES. DID 45 MINUTES OF A VARIETY OF EXERCISES IN MY HOUSE.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?

YES AND BY A GOOD AMOUNT WHICH IS NOT THE NORM FOR ME SO AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

YES I DID. I LOGGED EVERYTHING IN MY FOOD DIARY!!!! :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,857 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Piyo/Pilates
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅