November 22 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Today my daughter drops off her kitty at my mom's house while they go out of town. I don't know what possessed my parents to work on the plumbing without me but they are on day 2 and I will probably be doing it on thanksgiving. Mom gave me a list of things to get because she can't leave my dad and the cat home alone. I also said what we're you thinking you know the cat loves to play in the water. The new faucets the cat can turn on.

Exercise is done time to get moving so I can start mom's shopping before work. Have a great day!!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays topic was supposed to be what bad habits do you want to break (for me it's usually procrastination. But I put that off :) )

Today being Wednesday is "Food for thought". Calories vs macros.
    4tg2at8am732.jpeg

How do you balance you macros?

I try ensure I have enough protein (30% or more), and less than 50% of calories from carbohydrates (often MUCH less).

I find if I get my macros balanced well, I never feel hungry.

Do you just track calories, or do you consciously balance macros?

Also, did you know that approximately:
    1g carbohydrate = 4 kCal
    1g protein = 4 kCal
    1g fat = 9 kCal
    (1g fibre = 0 kCal)

This is useful to know in selecting the a good food to track calories AND macros from the MFP food database. There is a lot of bad and incomplete data in the MFP food database (as well as a lot of good data). The trick is knowing what is good and what is bad.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    22/11/2017

Food for thought.
    I concentrate on calories mainly but I try really high to get my protein levels up but it's hard sometimes. I'm always over on sugar because I love fruit. I keep my carbs lowish

Within calorie allowance yep ✅
    All food and drink logged ✅
    20 minutes walk and 20 minutes static bike ✅

I'm surprising myself so far I've got to hang in there.

Have a good evening all.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Exercise - Yes 30 mins Pilates and 35 mins walking. Car (hopefully) fixed this Friday so walking back to recreational rather then just functional.

Calorie goal - Yes

Tracking - Yes

I try to keep my carbs low and don't worry if fats are higher, within calorie goal.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min swimming)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

I have to keep an eye on my carb intake as I am insulin resistant and trying to break the resistance. A few extra protein or fat marks doesn't bother me that much.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,887 Member
    Options
    Zumba and some upper body work today. It is a little early to post but I am tracking and calories should be fine. Sore from yesterday's new routine.
    My focus is nutritional calories. Very little empty carbs or sweets. I find when I cycle and ski I need my carbs or I tire out. I will eat iron fortified whole grain breads and cereal. I don't eat pasta or rice because for the calories they don't satisfy. When I am hungry but I not having a meal for a while, protein is the best. I like Greek yogurt or hard boiled eggs. I count calories, not macros but decide what to have based on what I am doing.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 I just count calories and track the protein. According to my husband I could live on cardboard and be happy.
  • RangerRickL
    edited November 2017
    Options
    yuu5jdbutd4c.jpeg
    Today’s activity focused on friendship and coffee. In the photo above, my wife, Rose and I (the senior citizens) spent time with two Costa Rican men who we met 14 years ago. They are administrators of a language school and a fair trade coffee cooperative.
    Regarding nutrition, my focus is on tracking calories and trying to avoid gluten. Avoiding gluten while staying with friends is not realistic. I’ll go back to gluten free once I am home in the States.
    Today’s report:
    Calories: under by 430
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: 45 minutes walking in the mountains
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    n81itidzjhbj.jpeg
    Ripe coffee beans look like cherries
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    rgf35s7kihq0.jpeg
    Costa Rican coffee is coffee Arabica. It’s grown in the mountains and hand picked. My wife and I love the taste of Costa Rican coffee. The photo above is a 3 year old coffee bush with many coffee beans
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 45 minute walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, Pilates and rowing
    Calories: yes, under
    Logging: yes, all done

I try to keep up with my macros but the last week and a half I've been slack with planning. I do stay under calories though.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? y
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 18k steps

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 22
    Exercise yes
    Calories no
    Tracking yes
    Ok so I messed up with my calories today....the good news is I am being accountable, which is a huge improvement. And I a not going to beat myself up about it.
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello UAC, I live in the USA and tomorrow is Thanksgiving and one thing I'm thankful for is this group. Honestly I have been wayward the past few days and was planning to leave you and come back in December, but I think you'll find a new me on here on Friday. I'm going to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and start holding myself accountable again Friday, How should we divide our macros on a low carb diet, Craig?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 22
    Exercised?: Yes. I was active. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning, and I exceeded my step goal.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    11-Nov

Exercise: yes, running for 48 minutes and 14,000 steps
    Calories: yes, under goal
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (worked out at the gym this morning for 90 min.)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1,285 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y logged all, drank 9-8oz waters today)

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,855 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅