November 9 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Afternoon all, from a very cold and wet Midlands here in the UK.
    Hope you all have a good day today.

@dejavuohlala - Thanks for the suggestion, I will look for them and give them a try.

@BadgerLamb236 - Thanks sweetie. She's hurt her paw and is on antibiotics and anti-inflammation meds. She needs to rest up for a few days but the vet said she'll be able to go for her walks again, once she can put her full weight on it without limping.
    Sorry to hear about your loss hun, both your doggie and the puddy-cat, but I'm sure your new puppy will bring you many years of joy and help fill that void of emptiness they leave us with when they are gone. Hugs...xx

@fightingthetideofaging - It sure does doesn't it. I really hate the winter months, I just lose all motivation and the days are so cold and dark it's almost depressing, lol. Roll on Spring!

@glimjy - Lol, yes those days sure test us don't they! Well done on balancing out the calories for those "unplanned" meals, great idea.

@RangerrickL - Bread is a big problem for me. I eat a lot of bread - brown bread - but it still bloats me up a little, but it's just so handy and easier to just to grab a sandwich most days than to cook, especially if there's just me at home. I didn't think of trying gluten free, so that's two things for me to try today. Thank you.

@everyone - Great job everyone, keep it going. You're all fantastic...x <3
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    November 9
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 6.4 Km in 45 mins (mostly level).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Early walk (in different city). Short entry today as it is late (and only juct got home).

High protein day today (even though travelling). No protein bars needed today :) .

Almost certain now to be in the UK from November 20 to November 24.

@RangerrickL - 100% agree about wheat (and wheat belly). Some can tolerate it, however, from what I have seen, these are in the minority.

Even if you do not have celiac disease, the manipulation and processing of modern wheat does seem to have an impact on the "average" digestive system and metabolism.

Bread/flour is quick/cheap (heavily subsidised) calories that normally have a long shelf life. However the wheat grown now is only a distant relative to the wild wheat from which is was originally derived (through genetic modification and selective growing practices). Modern wheat is very high wheatgerm yield per acre with minimal husk/chaff production.

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Signing in 9/11/2017

Phew!!! That was a close one
    Stayed within calorie allowance - just
    All logged
    30 minutes walking 25 minutes static bike.

I see you are all doing great keep up the good work everyone. Have super evening/day/night whatever time zone you are in. Stay safe
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    3x yes for today. Made better food choices than yesterday, lol.
    Had a 5 mile run this morning, walked to a friends house (30 mins) then a bike ride earlier this evening so plenty of fresh air today. Weather was milder today too so made the most of it.

Hope you've all had a great day today xx
  • sniksniks
    sniksniks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes 30 min brisk walk at lunchtime
    Calories? Yes just under
    Tracked? Yes :-)

And looking forward to my spin class tomorrow morning!

• BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Yes. 40 mins walking into village (inc. hills). Very nice friend gave us a lift home (backpacks full of shopping) or would have been over 1hr walking - fine for me but my partner struggles a bit with the gradients. We live under a kilometre from the ville, but there is a valley in between, quite steep (1st gear in car) so it seems a lot further!

Calories - Yes, well under today

Logging - Yes

Not such a nice day today - cool and a bit wet. Hope it's been a good day for everyone.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for the last few days

Getting myself ready to go swimming it's cold and snowing I really don't want to go. But I paid for the class so I will go.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Another family day here with my nephew and great nephew but we did go to the park and played on the playground and then I came home and walked the dog for about 30 minutes.

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Logging: Yes
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES. One hour of cardio and one hour of yoga.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    YES. Right at my calorie budget for the day.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    YES.
  • ChrisQueen67
    ChrisQueen67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Present and accounted for!

Today was a busy day from the moment I woke up until I made it back home a few hours ago. Feeling sore but really pumped from my morning workout. A workout first thing in the morning really sets the tone for your entire day.

Exercise ✔ 4.5 miles and weight training
    Calories ✔
    Tracking ✔ The good, bad and the ugly!

All done!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,375 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No :(
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Can I use my 1st pass, please!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 58 minutes of strength training and a 2 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    @srufus - Nice pics!!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minute trail run. Chilly ( 30's ), windy, gloomy here today and really wanted to just cocoon. But, put my layers on and off to the trails I went, ( obviously reluctantly lol!! ). Sure glad I went now, because it ended up being a really nice run!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 9
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked around the zoo for 1.5 hours. It was a very cold day.
    Calories?: Yes. My dinner was so delicious, I hated that I didn't have more calories to keep eating it.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 9
    Exercise yes 20 minute walk
    Calories yes under
    Tracking yes
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    Nov 7
    Exercise? Yes - yoga inferno - 45 min + Bodyweight ST - 30 min
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Nov 8
    Exercise? Yes - BodyCombat - 60 min
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Nov 9
    Exercise? Yes - spin class - 60 min
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

Work has just taken over this week. I'm exhausted!!!

My daughter(oldest of 4) has celiac disease...has for about 10 years now. It helped me kick the whole family into a more healthy whole food way of eating...always said it was a bit of a blessing in disguise. We don't really eat any breads. Pasta once a week...hers is rice pasta...more fruit...more veggie.

Until last year all was great...my 2 oldest got jobs and started university...started eating out A LOT and have probably gained about 50 lbs each...doesn't seem to matter what i say about it....

Wow did I go off topic...guess i needed to vent...sorry
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, went for a 90 minute walk outside with a friend to catch up. A little chilly at first but we walked briskly
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Exercise, yes. 10,478 steps on a cold morning

Calories yes, well under, did not chew up exercise calories today!

Recorded everything, including the recipe for my crustless pumpkin pie. It is delicious and nutritious, without big calories! Practicing up for Thanksgiving.