November 5 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    2nlkb3phlcgb.jpg
    There are times when I have been on a diet that I would probably have shoplifted a pizza.
    One of the goals of the UAC is that the healthy habits should make you feel good.
    If you want a cupcake....just track it!
    Rick

Love it lol!!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    November 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 4 Km in 32 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes. (by a lot)
    Tracked?: Yes.

Good walk before flying today.

Wife made pavlova and ice cream again today. :) Double desert tonight.

Also the father of my daughters friend that visited today discussed an interesting point. He stopped eating bread for a medical reason. The processed wheat (flour) in the bread was causing inflammation (not gluten). The inflammation was casing other medical issues.

The point was that when he gave up bread (quite a while ago), the weight just fell off.

My experience has been quite similar. The real acceleration in weight loss occurred when bread was no longer on the regular menu. (I can have it if I REALLY want, but I usually like the calories elsewhere more.) Even Lo-Gi bread is not on the regular menu.

It is hard to give up wheat products. However, if you are struggling to lose weight, is regular bread/wheat products worth the weight problems? Would it not be a good idea to try restrict their input to maybe one day a week for a month and see if it makes a difference (without changing anything else).

@RangerRickL. With you 100%. UAC requires participants to take responsibility for themselves. Neither you or I will "chase", but we are here to encourage.

I also subscribe to the theory that all is permitted, only it should be tracked. I call my diet, the no-diet diet. I can have what I WANT (nothing is forbidden). The trick is slowly moulding what you WANT through your habits and reviewing your tracking (finding changes you can live with and working out how macros work to keep you full).

@glimjy. Well done for keeping in budget on a trying day. Being mindful of what you eat (before you eat it) seems to be the key.

Agree totally, we are all responsible for what we do and itsgood to have the encouragement. I rarely eat bread I think I would struggle much more if I did.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Nov 5th

Exercise - Yes Pilates stretches and brief session with puppy. Not a good day as still suffering with back pain.
    Under Calorie Goal - Yes
    Logged everything - Yes
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (40 min. outdoor walking/ an hour of hiking/about 4 hours of hunting)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walking and housework
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes, under

(oops for breaking the 3 day rule ;))
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Exercise: no formal workout but I did a lot of shopping today, including a Costco run, and my Fitbit reported 40 active minutes from that

Calories: under!

Tracked: everything logged

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 5k World Run Day Trail Race.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    November 5
    Exercised: No. Personal drama.
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracked: Yes.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good day, even if we did fall back!
    10,156 steps plus 30 minutes on stationary bike while watching the Broncos stink up there joint.

Well under on calories, and no wine consumed!

Everything tracked. Put in the recipe for my special apple-cranberry crisp, but could only have one portion.