Anyone here still riding?!?!

Options
m1xm0d3
m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
edited October 2017 in Social Groups
LOL!

Only rode two 100 mile century rides this year. Last year I did at least five. Already signing up for a few 2018 events so I can 'keep my focus' through the off-season! Definitely signing back up for Zwift in November.

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I've been riding all along, though I've been on semi-hiatus (read: off-season burnout) for the last month or so. Starting to pick things back up now, get back into the gym, and work on the diet again.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm still riding - riding more in fact because I retired in September. :)
    Should give me a higher chance of more outdoor cycling this year through the winter as I will be able to target those days when it's enjoyable to ride rather than hope they happen to fall on the weekend.

Will be hitting my highest ever mileage this year as I was a late starter to cycling - maybe 5,000 if weather is kind.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    well, i'm still riding a little, though it's pretty much weekends only for the outdoor stuff due to work commitments - i'll admit it's been quiet from me all year in here, what with the classics challenge getting administered over on facebook, and the grand tours ending after the Giro when Jason pulled the plug on the feeds.

I've missed the community feeling in here to be honest, and I'm really hoping that we can try and get something back again for next season.

What it really needs I guess, is someone (no I'm not volunteering) to come up with some sort of winter challenge series like the past couple of years - keep the motivation up.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Yep, still cycling here as well. Lost my mojo early this year and am still clawing to get it back. Fitness & endurance are there but also a few more pounds to haul around. I really gotta shore up the eating habits. Definitely can't afford to regress one bit. I need to improve through winter just to get back to where I was in 2016!
  • ntnunk
    edited October 2017
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I really gotta shore up the eating habits. Definitely can't afford to regress one bit. I need to improve through winter just to get back to where I was in 2016!
    This is exactly the situation I'm in.

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Been off the riding outside for about 5 weeks. Fractured scapula. Riding my CycleOps Hammer trainer and using Zwift more. Fun stuff.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Yep, still cycling here as well. Lost my mojo early this year and am still clawing to get it back. Fitness & endurance are there but also a few more pounds to haul around. I really gotta shore up the eating habits. Definitely can't afford to regress one bit. I need to improve through winter just to get back to where I was in 2016!

That is me in nut shell. Still trying to find it. It is warming up, so it will get easier to get up early for a quick spin. That is unless work becomes all consuming with going into the busy season. Joy of hospitality
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 831 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm still here riding, doing about 100 miles a week commuting, closing in on my 4000m target for the year. To be honest, my motivation for longer rides really tailed off when cycleagues died, and weekend rides are always a rarity for me due to domestic harmony taking precedence.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    35dollars wrote: »
    To be honest, my motivation for longer rides really tailed off when cycleagues died ...

theres a lot of that about sadly :(

really, really wish I had the time to put into running something, but I don't - anything I tried would be half-assed and probably fizzle out.

It's a shame, we had a good little hardcore community on here, and I thought it MIGHT just keep going and someone else would step up to fill the void of the stuff I'd organised, but I'm thinking that was misplaced optimism.

• 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I still haven't given up hope of getting something (simpler) started along similar lines, but finding time has been a real challenge. Maybe when this contract finishes...
  • ntnunk
    Options
    I'm still committed to getting some Strava data harvesting software in place. It will be done. I was looking at the code last night, in fact. It will probably be my "holiday slowdown" project to get at least a minimally working version out there.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, still riding (outside) unless the weather is crap, then I Zwift...

Monday's - I ride with a Student where I work.
    Tuesday's - Club night (40 to 50 miles).
    Wednesday's - Again I ride with the Student again; longer ride (25 to 30 miles at the moment).
    Thursday's - Club 'social' night (40 to 50 miles again).
    Friday's - Generally a rest day-ish...

Weekends - If the weather is nice ;)
  • ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did Ride London 100 at the end of July, and my motivation for riding has somewhat dropped off since. I still commute to work a couple of days a week on the bike, and do errands via bike at the weekends. My only ride for pleasure recently has been the couple of miles I cycled with my 4 year old nephew.

I wish I had the time or the skill set to organise something. I miss seeing what everyone has been up to.