Starting with a negative adjustment when set on sedentary on MFP?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
This is odd. Is there something even less active than 'sedentary' that would explain the -82 calories I start with every day? lol

Replies

• dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing when I first wake up and have been REALLY sedentary (i.e. sleeping!) for the entire day so far. If I stay up past midnight and get some extra steps in before bed, the number is lower when I wake up than it usually is. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Maybe sleeping BMR level is classed as less than awake sedentary. It's 7am here and I'm -74 calories, which is the norm every morning.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    MFP is calculating for that time span BMR x 1.25 for Sedentary.

Fitbit is reporting to MFP absent any data from the device either Historical (Personalized) or Sedentary which is about 1.01 x BMR.

So until your device syncs to Fitbit account, and that new value is 100 more calories than prior sync, Fitbit isn't going to send the new data.

So if the timing is right - you can easily start the day with negative - actually, prior to sync you always should, the amount just depends.
    Because BMR x 0.25 is higher than BMR x 0.01, so it'll always be reduced, even on first sync where Fitbit reports device synced BMR x 1.