Introductions

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hi, my name is Kim and I'm the one running this show. I'm a wife of almost 28 years (YIKES), mom of 4 (16 to 26) and a nurse.

I went from being a part-time floor nurse to a sitting nurse working full time. So, I need to try and carve out time for proper diet and exercise. My weight is at an all time high and I need this contest to keep my on track.

Welcome to our great group of people and welcome back all the regulars.

Replies

• boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps! I'm Deb and I live in Australia and I NEED this challenge! I have noticed that I'm not as focused as I have been previously , so I'm hoping I can use this challenge to get my head back in the game! B)B)

• 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Terry and I live in Canada. I lost over 20 lbs last winter as I prepared for a trip to Australia for the month of March (loved it Deb!). Unfortunately since returning home the pounds have crept back on and I'm hoping this challenge will help me get back on track.

Thanks Kim for setting this challenge up.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi girls - wow'sa tomorrow we get started. See if you have anybody who wants to join. Membership is a little flat this round with 10 total. I was hoping for 16.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim - so glad to be back :) I have posted to my friends as well posting the challenges board. Fingers crossed we get a few more peeps....
    But remember - it's all about QUALITY not Quantity lol And besides, there can only be 1 winner!!!! I have a good feeling about this round B)

Terry - welcome on board! March would have been a great time for a trip here, just at the end of summer. Where abouts in Canada are you? I've always wanted to get there - it's on my bucket list!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    boncharlie wrote: »
    Hey Kim - so glad to be back :) I have posted to my friends as well posting the challenges board. Fingers crossed we get a few more peeps....
    But remember - it's all about QUALITY not Quantity lol And besides, there can only be 1 winner!!!! I have a good feeling about this round B)

Terry - welcome on board! March would have been a great time for a trip here, just at the end of summer. Where abouts in Canada are you? I've always wanted to get there - it's on my bucket list!

I'm in Ontario a couple of hours north of Toronto in the district of Muskoka. Beautiful here in the late summer, fall and winter. Spring not so good - way too many bugs.

When we went to Australia, we flew into Sydney, drove to Melborne for a wedding, flew up to Cairns for a couple of weeks, then a final few days back in Sydney in a condo with a view of Darling Harbour. It was awesome. Australia was definitely on my bucket list and there just wasn't enough time to see it all. Would love to return. Where abouts are you?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You are right!!! Quality, not quantity!!! I am kind of excited to get started tomorrow. Weight is at an all time high.

My training is coming to an end and I will be by myself in my office. I am going to sneak in a yoga mat and do exercises at work. I am hoping since I am the new kid on the block that they don't think I am too weird when my @ss is in the air doing downward dogs at work. Scrubs are a good thing. Nice and loose. Plus, I have an hour lunch that I will force myself to walk during on the nicer days.

Diet and alcohol are another story!!
  • TJFireworks
    TJFireworks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I’m TJ. I’m excited.. I lost 23 pounds within a year only to gain 10 back.. I need motivation and am excited T.I join the group.

• nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome TJ - you will definitely lose some weight, especially being holiday season.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Kim(or Kiki). I live just outside of Philadelphia. I've been in a few of Kim's challenges. They have motivated me, however I'm up since the last one instead of down. I just can't keep the food and drink out of my mouth lol.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi i am onyi,i used mfp back in 2012 to 2014 to loose 45pounds and keep most of it off but have had two kids that are only 16 months apart between 2015 and this year and i now have about 80 lbs of weight to loose of which i have lost 15 since beginning of september,my younger baby is now 8 months and i am hoping i can loose the remainder of 20 lbs i gained with his own pregnancy before he turns one in february. I am excited to be part of this challenge
  • ChubbyChaser17
    ChubbyChaser17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'al. My weight is at an all time high also. I need some motivation. I've gained 50 lbs since going to college. I graduate this December though and want to lose this weight since I'll have much more time. I have two dogs and a horse that keep me motivated to exercise. Exercise isn't the problem though... it's the alcohol and fast food :neutral:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey ya'al. My weight is at an all time high also. I need some motivation. I've gained 50 lbs since going to college. I graduate this December though and want to lose this weight since I'll have much more time. I have two dogs and a horse that keep me motivated to exercise. Exercise isn't the problem though... it's the alcohol and fast food :neutral:

Hmmm, you sound a lot like my daughter!!
  • amberholm100
    amberholm100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Amber and I'm 24 and was very active in high school. But since I graduated in 2011 I haven't done really any physical activity at all. And from that I've gained about 40 pounds and I'm very unhappy but have no motovation. So I just hope this helps. My biggest thing is snacking at work not real meal's.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome Amber - you are the same age as chubby chaser - I might have to separate you !!
  • djf1728
    djf1728 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume this thread is done and dead. Haven't seen anyone post in 2 weeks. Hope everyone is ok. I'm still working towards my goal, especially thru this holiday season, when I need it the most.