logging foods on myfitnesspal vs fitbit

Options
please help my calorie count between both myfitnesspal and fitbit is off which number do I want to go with i'm going to log all my food on myfitnesspal and exercise on myfitnesspal. I'm doing the calorie in and calorie out on fitbit as well thats why i'm confused on what number to go with

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    First, make sure your stats and deficit on both are the same.

Second, follow what MFP says is your food total, but you're better off letting Fitbit take care of the exercise. If you log it on MFP, it will mess with your Fitbit adjustment.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If by Fitbit calorie in & out you mean the fuel gauge looking thing - most find that pretty useless.

Because it's looking at the difference between eating and calories burned at that exact moment of looking.

rarely does anyone's day end up like that until the end of the day.

Besides, if using MFP for the eating guidelines - don't use any of Fitbit's screens for eating levels.

Set the daily burn goal to perhaps allow you enough to eat when you remove deficit.

For instance - if you want to eat say 2000 daily, and want a 500 cal deficit for 1 lb weekly loss - then set your daily burn goal as 2500.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    The one thing I noticed and I just started using MFP today is that MFP will add calories to your fitbit app SUMMARY. I had already logged my foods in the fitbit app and then tried to log them into MFP and it sync'd them and blew up my totals. I had to go in fitbit app and delete those summary that are at the bottom of each group. So from now on i will log my foods into MFP and then it will simply put a Summary total into fitbit app. I also noticed that some calories for items are a little off between the two apps. I am not gonna sweat it to much as long as it is close and not hundreds off.