Oct 30 Weekly Challenge: Unsweetened

Options
2»

Replies

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed this challenge and discussion too, will be brushing and flossing after dinner too, some great tips!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm also late to the party. Because of the challenge this week I did not eat any of my husband's Hershey Kisses. If I don't eat the first one (of anything chocolate :laugh: ) then I'm good. I've too often told myself that I can stop after just one, or maybe two, or maybe..... :noway:.

I'm thinking that when I want a very special chocolate treat I need to go out somewhere and buy one or two lovely pieces. I used to do that in the far, far, very distant past. And it worked because there were no more pieces at home to tempt me. Those few pieces were so much more awesome than a handful of of regular candy. I had forgotten about that till just now. I need to remember this and plan for it occasionally. It will help me not feel so deprived :cry: .

Also this week I decided that I have (again) given up decaf coffee, completely, because decaf coffee (to me) is only good with sugary, yummy, flavored creamers, especially the seasonal flavors. I do not enjoy it black. I used to like regular coffee either black or sweetened. But now I can't drink regular coffee any more, so I'm actually drinking the decaf coffee for the warmth, and the mouth feel of the creamer's creaminess, and especially for the yummy sweet treat taste. I'm back to drinking plain herbal tea again as of this week. Which I actually really, really like a lot. I have given up my sugar coffee many other times before. But I get drawn back to the warm yumminess when autumn comes back around. I must be determined to make it stick this time. I got rid of what I had on hand, and bought a new herbal tea to try out.

Those are the two things that I did specifically for the challenge this week

I like the idea to floss and brush my teeth after I've eaten my dinner. I will do this when I'm ready to "close the kitchen". That is a really good suggestion!!

I also like the concept of sweetness connecting me with nutritious foods. For me, there are some forms of sweetness such as real maple syrup and raw honey that I enjoy very much that does that for me. These make certain foods even more appealing to me. For example, I really enjoy some honey and raisins in a bowl of old fashion or steel cut oatmeal.

There were some wonderful and insightful posts this week! There were also some great resources to read and think about... Thank you Denise for those.

:flowerforyou: