What's Your No-Poo Regimen?

Options
LilacDreamer
LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
Do you use baking soda and water, CO wash, honey and aloe? Post your routine here and any tip and tricks you've come across along the way

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I bicarb wash and lemon juice/citric acid rinse twice a week. Sometimes I do a preconditioning treatment with coconut milk and aloe. I've been poo-free since January :)
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'll go ahead and throw this link back up here. There is a lot of good information in it, and in the comments after the post, too:

http://ecocatlady.blogspot.com/2012/02/secrets-to-my-no-poo-success.html?m=1
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hi, back into no-pooing after 3 years. Don't know why I gave it up really, but ready to face those difficult first few weeks. I did no-poo for about 2 years before my son was born, and my hair looked SO good!

Anyway, I have started to use bicarbonate of soda as a wash, then lather a cone free conditioner afterwards and rinse and comb.
    My hair is thick and wavy, but has lost the bounce it used to have.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I CO wash with cheap-ish conditioner. VO5 does nothing for me- it is too runny and thin and it seems like I have to use a couple handfuls of the stuff to get my hair clean even though it is only shoulder length : / I've been working through a massive bottle of herbal essences conditioner this summer and it is doing a solid job. I just get a palmful, massage in all over like shampoo for a couple minutes, rinse and am done. 8+ months in to no-pooing and I am still shocked when I can comb my wet hair and encounter zero tangles months after my last cut!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I just recently started CO and was using my regular conditioner (Nexxus Humectress) which I've now learned isn't the way to go. I looked at Wen and was not too happy with the price so I bought some Hair One, but now I'm hearing that it's not comparable to Wen. :/ So I ordered a travel-size of Wen from Amazon to try it out; should be here soon. I highlighted the crap out of my hair yesterday (I think I might actually qualify as blonde now - hah) and it's like straw today so I need something that will put some moisture back in!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I purchased Trader joe's lite canned coonut milk. They also had full fat (labled as coconut cream) but it seems really thick when i shook the can.

I heated up some raw honey and combined it with 1.5 ounces of the coconut milk (the rest is in a container in the fridge) and mixed it altogether in a little container and put it in the fridge overnight.

Today I ran it under some hot water to warm it up a little and now i'm letting it sit at room temperature. I'm going to see how it works out when I shower later today.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I, um...semi-poo?

I use Wen mostly. I love it, and buying the gallon jug makes it less painful on the pocketbook in the long term. However, I also swim. On swim days I use a sulfate free, natural "normalizing" shampoo. It doesn't lather much...I just run it through my hair with my fingers, then rinse. Then I use half of the usual amount of Wen to further cleanse and condition. On both swim and non-swim days, I use a little Wen as a leave-in.

My hair is not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was when I used heavy swim shampoos and conditioners. Once a month or so I use a clarifying shampoo and then a heavy moisturizing conditioner. All I can say is this seems to work. I would love to hear from other swimmers though to get other ideas.