protein powder

Options
EmilyRanae22
EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
Best soy free vegan protein powder....GO!

Replies

• Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hemp Pro 70
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've tried Hemp Pro and I like it.
    Though we have switched to Sun Warrior.

Also, this is a great comprehensive post on the subject:

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2013/04/vegan-protein-powders-for-smoothies-my.html
  • eleqtriq
    eleqtriq Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've tried Hemp Pro and I like it.
    Though we have switched to Sun Warrior.

Also, this is a great comprehensive post on the subject:

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2013/04/vegan-protein-powders-for-smoothies-my.html

Great link!
  • kimclenard
    kimclenard Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chocolate - PlantFusion
    Vanilla - SunWarrior (Raw)
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I use Garden of Life Raw Protein, plain. It has no added sugars or flavoring and the texture is good. Great mixed with almond milk, oatmeal, or my latest favorite, flax milk, chia seeds, and peanut butter. Would like to find a good pea or hemp protein powder for a little variety though.

ETA: It does contain some fermented soy (natto).
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    jsl- is natto, the name of the fermented soy? I'm nursing and my daughter is soy sensitive so I can't eat it...it would be good to know if that's another name for hidden soy.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Where do you find sunwarrior? When I have more time I'll go back and look at that link :)
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    jsl- is natto, the name of the fermented soy? I'm nursing and my daughter is soy sensitive so I can't eat it...it would be good to know if that's another name for hidden soy.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Where do you find sunwarrior? When I have more time I'll go back and look at that link :)

I picked up Sun Warrior at The Vitamin Shoppe around the corner from my house, but any good supplement shop will have it. Additionally Amazon.com ftw! :D
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

Yes, natto is fermented soy. It's supposed to be good for you, but you should probably avoid that one. I didn't even know it had soy in it until I went back and looked at the ingredients after I posted.

Check out the "store locator" tab on the sun warrior website. I'm going to check that out too, thanks everyone for the recommendations.

http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    True Nutrition Vegan Protein Optimizer Formula!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Has anyone had plant fusion cookies and cream? That sounds yummy!
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had plant fusion cookies and cream? That sounds yummy!

I'm not really a fan of it. Its super chalky feeling and leaves a weird taste in my mouth. I thought it sounded good too which is why I bought it. I should try baking with it...maybe that will improve it.
  • 311pilgrims
    Options
    I like the PlantFusion vanilla bean (actually its the only flavor I've tried of theirs).
    So I've heard the cookies and cream is chalky... anybody know about the other flavors?

I bought VegaOne chocolate and HATED it! The texture wasn't bad but the flavor was awful...even mixed with PB2 and bananas, yuck.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I bought VegaOne chocolate and HATED it! The texture wasn't bad but the flavor was awful...even mixed with PB2 and bananas, yuck.

When you mix something with PB2 and a banana and it still tastes bad...that is BAD!!!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

When you mix something with PB2 and a banana and it still tastes bad...that is BAD!!!

agreed!

I ended up getting sun warrior vanilla....mixed with pb2, banana and some coffee ice cubes = delicious
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i alternate between the nutribiotic rice protein in vanilla and the nutiva hemp powder. if you have a vitamin shoppe nearby, mine lets me exchange a protein powder if i buy it and hate it.