Anyone still active here?

Options
ddache
ddache Posts: 21 Member
I see that most of the post older or not active so I was wondering if there are any moms here that are still active.

I`m in the last month of pregnancy and I want to jump start the weight loss as soon as possible. I try to eat healthy now but it`s been a hard pregnancy and I dont think I`ll achieve my goal of staying under 195lbs. I`m waiting to see how much I drop after the baby is here and then my goal weight would be 146lbs by July (chopped into smaller goals).

Any moms wanna chat our way trough losing the baby weight?

Replies

• HazelBite113
    HazelBite113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am about 12 week’s postpartum now (my third baby) I’ve been tracking calories for 2 weeks now and I’m definitely looking for some other new mothers to connect with while losing the baby weight. I used WW previously and having the group meetings really helped, so I’d really like to make some connections here to give and get support.
  • sjenks83
    sjenks83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My baby is 4 weeks old,(#4). Just getting back on MFP. I’ve considered WW, but figured I’d start here and see how it goes!
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ddache wrote: »
    I see that most of the post older or not active so I was wondering if there are any moms here that are still active.

I`m in the last month of pregnancy and I want to jump start the weight loss as soon as possible. I try to eat healthy now but it`s been a hard pregnancy and I dont think I`ll achieve my goal of staying under 195lbs. I`m waiting to see how much I drop after the baby is here and then my goal weight would be 146lbs by July (chopped into smaller goals).

Any moms wanna chat our way trough losing the baby weight?

I'm also in my last week of pregnancy and book marked this this switch over from the 'fit, fabulous, and pregnancy' group once the baby shows up. So I'll be here hopefully by Christmas.

My numbers are similar to yours, I'll probably end up 190-195 for my end pregnancy weight and my overall goal is 141-148 (my old happy place, unfortunately i wasnt there when i got pregnant so it's baby weight plus old weight to lose). My goal is by end of July to make a good dent in that loss (I'm in a wedding then).
  • eldiem
    eldiem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    11 weeks pp here. I lost all of my pregnancy weight by week 4 (my 30lb weight gain was all fluid and belly, strict diet during due to gestational diabetes) but I was obese to start my pregnancy. Plus I've noticed the pounds creeping back bc of breastfeeding.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs in the next 6 months to be not "obese" per bmi before we try to get pregnant again. Eating less garbage and more real food is also a goal.
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    2 weeks postpartum here! Breastfeeding and trying to figure out what I can and can’t do without affecting my supply. I got up to 214 with baby and had gestational diabetes. I did good following a diet the last few months which slowed my weight gain way down but since having baby I’ve splurged in carbs I couldn’t have during pregnancy! Lol I know I need more carbs for breastfeeding than what I was consuming with the gestational diabetes just not sure how much. My goal is to get to 155 which is less than I weighed before I got pregnant. I’d packed on some pounds in the year prior. I’d like to make that weight around July.
  • cjbongers
    cjbongers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. 2 weeks pp. found this today. How r people coping?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cjbongers wrote: »
    Hi. 2 weeks pp. found this today. How r people coping?

I am coping ok so far. Getting back on track after the holidays, seems my body likes to hang on to water weight alot longer that before I was breast feeding. But, have seen a 4 lb drop over the last 2 days so that was nice. I was like man, I mush have been even worse than I realized the past couple weeks. I got so used to what to expect before pregnancy and breastfeeding, still figuring out what to expect these days!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back on Sunday! I took December off due to stress lol.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I'm coming back on Sunday! I took December off due to stress lol.

oh I hear ya!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking around. Lol. Doing a weight loss challenge group that seems to be helping move things along a bit. I'm 6 months PP and nursing and about 7 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. (Gained 28-30 but only about 13 came off easily)
  • Sweetkays
    Sweetkays Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks pp. Dropped 23lbs right away. Ive been eating up all the Christmas cookies and have gained 6lbs in the last week. Im worried about affecting my supply.
  • LadyAnnandale
    LadyAnnandale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just joined and am looking for active friends for support :) I am not a stranger to healthy weight loss, and know that surrounding yourself with like-minded people who are on the same path as you, is so invaluable to the process.. at least, to my process <3 Please feel free to add me!
  • katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    8 months pp here. Ready to get rid of this extra 28lbs. I feel so gross and loose and flabby and I am so tired of wearing stretchy pants and my husbands sweat shirts :) Please feel free to add me. I love to chat and support others!!!! I'm also a first time mom and losing weight while breastfeeding has been a challenge so any help with that would be highly appreciated!!!! Also bless all you mothers, what a life we have!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    @katlyngronwoldt85 if you have not seen this post yet it has lots of great info in it:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

is there anything in particular you are having trouble with?

Welcome to MFP and the group!

• katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @katlyngronwoldt85 if you have not seen this post yet it has lots of great info in it:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

is there anything in particular you are having trouble with?

Welcome to MFP and the group!

Thank you!!!! I'm mainly having trouble finding time to exercise. The food part so far has been going well :)
  • Athomemermaid
    Athomemermaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 4 months pp on the 27th. This month I've just started to try to eat Better and I've lost 2 kg (4 pounds? ) since the 1st. I'm BF and I've wanted to wait until my supply was established before doing anything. I've just started to log loosely this week and getting in some walking. Please feel free to add me, it will be great to have other new mums on here to support .
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Yeah exercising can be tough. Luckily my kiddo seems to enojoy the view from the stroller when we walk or jog and then passes out after a few minutes. Once it got too cold to go outside with him though it got a little harder!

@Athomemermaid waiting a bit to get started is a good approach. I did the same thing. Welcome to the pack!
  • YogaMomma07
    YogaMomma07 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    10.5 months pp. I gained 45 lbs during pregnancy, lost 20 during the first month and still have 25 to lose. I’ve been tracking and working out but also exclusively breastfeed. I think I’m one of those who holds onto weight! Add me :)

Started: 145
    Pregnancy: 189
    Now: 170 (and since May!)
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I’m here two weeks pp 10 pounds to go. Tracking food with calories for exclusive breastfeeding and just started back walking. Add me!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Welcome ladies!