December 31 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    gnouwy1qmpp1.gif
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    You are all a blessing to me!
    Rose, my wife, and I are on the road to Phoenix, Arizona. We have a condo near North Mountain. You can find that on Google Earth. We love to walk in the desert. Rose is a true Snowbird (a senior citizen resident of the cold part of the USA who lives in a warmer place in the winter).
    I'll be posting desert pictures soon.
    Rick
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I lived near Superstition Mountain for just over two years. It’s my favourite place and my favourite state. Have fun!
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #1
    I don't intend to track my alcohol intake tonight.
    Happy New Year to everyone. May 2018 bring you peace and joy and may all of you succeed in leading healthy and long lives.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    December 31
    Exercised?: Yes. 3.5km in 28 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Late walk after a busy day flying. Over 10,000 steps today.

Happy New Year.

Will post monthly review vs plan in the morning.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have never been one of those people who feel the need to go out and celebrate for the new year. Even when I was a teenager I would be man I am tired and I would go to bed. Now I stay on schedule except I worry because I know my daughter is out there doing her thing. When the phone rings I no longer think what fool can't wait til morning to wish me happy New Year. Now it's OMG there was an accident is she okay.

Just waiting for it to be total day light outside before I shovel again. Have a great day everyone.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Last day of the year, I guess I like to summarize things.
    So I sit here looking at my financials. Eh, forget that baloney!

I got this gps tracker watch like maybe a year and a half ago. That little thing motivates me somehow. It has like internet software that it uploads to. It actually uploads to this fitnesspal but today I am kind of fond of the summary I got for 2017 from this internet called Strava.
    It made me kind of a silly video but I really like the last frame of that video.
    I am going to put a picture of it on here.

According to that Strava, and Strava don't lie... well actually you can get Strava to lie, you, know, like if you run your tracker watch while you are riding up a ski lift or something. But hey, I didn't do that.

Anyway Strava has got me down as having climbed upwards of 200,000 feet. Man o man! Who would of thought I would ever do that!
    1400 miles of riding, that ain't much as far as bike riders go. Guys I know do 5 times that but hey, I ain't no spring chicken.

170 days active for 280 hours. I got to thinking I was kind of slouchy on this UAC tracking and reporting, but that works out to 46 minute per day doesn't it? So I disqualify myself a lot thinking that I don't exercise every day. But that qualifies if average counts.

There is a page somewhere that says how many calories I burned on exercise. Garmin app says I burned 126,000 calories. That is bike riding calories. I don't put step cals in there.
    So bike riding for me is like 740 calories per hour. I kind of believe it.
    That is 12 calories per minute. I had a heart rate monitor one time that told me I was getting that.

But I got to say, I had a fun 2017. Did a lot of camping. Did a lot of climbing.
    ... and spent a lot of time hanging out with my little Buddy.

Happy New Year UAC!

f1n2h7bsmv9j.jpg
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely walk with the dogs this afternoon. Bright sunny day and not cold. Will not be tracking today or tomorrow.

A very Happy New Year to everyone!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    Can u all believe it's New Years Eve? Ha ha...I'm a poet and didn't even know it!!! Lol

So how are you all bring in the New Year???

We have a small party at friends house...this is our 8th year doing it...some of the griends have come and gone, new ones added but the the original 4 are still going strong...

Dec 29 - 30

Pass days 6,7 & 8
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Hey Bob I like the new picture of Buddy did he get new glasses? He is growing like a weed and I love the smile it's like the two of you have a secret. ;)
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That is his devious smile. He smiles like that after he has successfully manipulated people, namely me. But for that smile it is almost worth being manipulated.
    Tell you the truth, I am ok with being manipulated with smiles and laughter and that is how that little guy is. I am going to go see him in about an hour.
    Manipulating with smiles and laughter, maybe that is what they call fun in some weird dictionary somewhere.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    LOL He probably learned it from you! ;)
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    @ RangerRickL. Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! We were treated with clouds today! I'm beginning to think the Phoenix area has 2 seasons. Hot & hotter than hell. Enjoy your visit. It certainly has it's version of loveliness.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I can safely say Yes x 3 for me today. 50 minutes of exercise (strength, balance, stretch videos today). No partying for us tonight and kitchen is closed with the exception that I did save enough calories for a spoonful of frozen yogurt a little later in the evening.

@RangerRickL Happy travels to you and Rose. Haven't been to Phoenix before...but it is on the travel agenda for fall of 2018. Looking forward to your pics!
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pass day!
    Happy New Year!!!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    Our party got canceled. Host and others down with the flu. Thought it would be a pass day but turns out three yesses. Cross country skiing again this morning. A lot different conditions. Deep fresh snow.

Happy new year everyone!!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    20yyshc7f0xb.jpeg

I went on a group walk at The Wetlands to ring in the New Year. Hubby is in Memphis with family and kids and I’m missing him. They gave us ‘natures’ confetti to make wishes, blessings and/or whatever we wanted to ‘insert here’ and throw over the bridge. The Wetlands is my sanctuary, I enjoy it so much.

I learned today that all of the LV reclaimed water gets channeled through the Wetlands and into the LV Wash. It goes through the wash, under Lake Las Vegas and into Lake Mead. Pretty cool really.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @bocasdelbob Wow! What an awesome year you have had! Thanks for sharing that data with us.
    I love that photo of Buddy!
    @MzRuthy my wife, Rose, says she was surprised to find that as a senior citizen she loves to hike in the desert. In 2016, she bought a modest 2 bedroom condo on the east side of North Mountain park. She also became a volunteer at the North Mountain visitor center.
    @oykucan enjoy your New Year!
    @LoraineGB what a lovely photo! Thanks
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My report:
    Calories: under by enough
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: Walking is all I could get done before I started traveling today.
    Spent the afternoon with my Mom & step dad. Mom is better than when I saw her 2 weeks ago. Nonetheless, they need lots of in home care. My step siblings are providing lots of help. I started writing checks. Senior care is a family activity.
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes to the 3. For the 31st. I walked an hour