December 22 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    December 22
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 50 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Late walk, still quite warm, slower than normal pace (just tired).

Looking forward to the holidays and less hectic work schedule.

@RangerRickL. I cannot remember the last time I wore a tie. Hasn't been this year. Mind you, most of my business shirts hang like open collared shirts now (lost quite a bit of size round the neck this year - as well as everywhere else).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Last day for holiday sweater. LOL. Rick we are 2 peas in a pod.
    Another foodie Friday. We shall see I think I have late lunch which makes eating easier not much left. ;)
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Breakfast: one and a half buttered cheesey jalapeno bagels. I figure that for maybe 360 cals.
    Here I sit 7:50 typing into a blog and playing silly computer games. If I got the exercise motivation on me I am usually out by now and heart warmed up to 80% or so. Well you never know. Maybe it will warm up 10 degrees and I will go out and do neighborhood hill repeats.

Buddy: here I sit basking in the warm afterglow of mall walking the little rascal last Friday. Mall walking, belt walking, the little guy doesn't balance too good so I put a wide velcro belt around his torso that has handles on it. I guide his right hand with my right and have left hand ready on the belt. We walk. He smiles that big goofy grin as we meander through the crowded mall. People coming towards us see him, see his big smile, it is infectious. They can't help but smile. Their smiles reinforce his smile. He smiles even bigger. They smile even bigger.
    We go to the escalator. He ain't never been on an escalator before. We kind of circle around near the top waiting for escalator traffic to diminish so we don't hold people up.
    We get on. We are riding down. He is fascinated and elated. This is a fun ride. There are like glass panels on the escalator sides so he can look out and get visual connection to the motion of the ride down. We step off and circle around. We can see through the glass panels and see the stairs going by. This is about the happiest I have ever seen a kid.
    Near the bottom of the escalator is this indoor golf arcade. It is dark. It is all lit up with black light and everything is painted with florescent paint. This is a surreal paradise to the little guy. We go walking around those little golf paths, you know how they are. We stay out of the way of people playing. The proprietor or attendant comes over by us. She realizes that we can't really play golf. She don't say nothing but we know that we are totally welcome to be doing what we are doing. She just stands there facing us, smiling, smiling, smiling.

I got to remember that day.

Merry Christmas.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    @RangerRickL My DH has a collection of those ties, too! Actually, he wore a tie to work everyday for 40 years...just for the dogs and cats he would see!
    gakymadetnel.jpg
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    December 20:
    Exercise: Yes. (50 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

December 21:
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min swimming)

December 22:
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min walking)
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Exercise ✅ ran in place while watching a show tinight. Too many appointments today and didn’t get my regular workout in. :-/
    Calories ✅ just under
    Logging ✅
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,578 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• w8goal4life
    Yes x 3: three exercise videos totaling 45 minutes.

@RangerRickL We watched both The Man from Snowy River and the sequel Return to Snowy River this week. Both were very good movies...but I wouldn't want to be on one of those horses going as fast as depicted! Thanks for the "heads up." DH & I enjoyed both DVD's.
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Exercise no
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • dawnrenae17
    dawnrenae17 Posts: 32 Member
    Exercise ✔️
    Logged ✔️
    Under ✔️
    And so my Christmas break starts. Good luck to all, wish you the best! Enjoy yourselves and make more good choices than bad...that is my goal!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Most of my staff were off today.
    The rising tide of treats has crested and will be gone by Tuesday. Now, it's just a couple of days of family activities and our Christmas family gathering. Like many of you, I will take an automatic pass day on Christmas. New Years is not a problem day for me.
    Today's report:
    Exercise: easy day walking
    Tracking: that made the difference for me as I ate too many calories in the middle of the day, so I was able to adjust for the evening.
    Calories: under by a few
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Yes to the 3. 20 min of ab/stretches
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Dangit! Another pass day :( oh well, I’m still gonna keep logging but this is pass day #4 for me! January I’m coming for you! I’ll make it to the winner’s circle or whatever then!!! :) all the holiday snacks (and drinks) got me today!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,364 Member
    December 20
    Exercised?: Yes. Spin class

December 18
    Exercised?: Yes. Yoga

December 19
    Pass Day #3
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

It’s been an odd day and too convoluted to go into. Just glad it’s over
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    22-Dec
    Exercise: yes, over 2 hours
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    @w8goal4life those fairy houses are wonderful - I'm sure the rest will be too!

Yes x 3 today. Finally put up the Christmas tree, and glad to say the puppy ignored it. I well remember the year I had a Christmas tree and a young kitten - kitten 1 tree 0!
  • w8goal4life
    edited December 2017
    @w8goal4life those fairy houses are wonderful - I'm sure the rest will be too!
    @BadgerLamb236 Thank you. My husband and I had fun picking up natural materials on our walks this fall to decorate our blocks of log to turn them into fairy houses. I was very much surprised he involved himself with making his own fairy house. He impressed me by getting more detail oriented than I. They were fun, imaginative projects...and we're excited to see what the grandchildren come up with.