Make Your Milestones!

Options
DananaNanas
DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
Hi everyone! Since April is seemingly a random month (but it seemed like a doable goal for us) I thought it would be a good idea to post some milestones on the way that are good mini-motivators for us to get where we need to be by April! I'll post mine below as an example :)

Replies

• DananaNanas
    edited December 2017
    Options
    • 12/31: NYE pajama party at my house! I've been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks and despite it being the holidays I would like to get to an average weight of 140 for our party.
    • 2/1/18: I can't think of a single thing exciting that is happening in January! LOL I'm happy about that though... I need a break from the busyness. 2/1 is my dating anniversary with my husband so I'm going to make that a goal of 135. Maybe we'll go out on a date that weekend :)
    • 2/10: My best friend's bachelorette party is this weekend! We're going to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town in Pittsburgh. I'm going to set my goal as 133. That's 10 pounds from now and 10 weeks away... I don't lose very fast and would be THRILLED with 1 lb/week.
    • 3/3: I'm a dance teacher and we are attending a convention that weekend to kick off our competition season. I don't really have to do much other than chaperone students but it seemed to be a date that sticks out in my mind. Goal for that weekend is 130.
    • 4/13: This is my 30th birthday!!!!!!! My goal is 125!

How about everyone else?
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    • 12/31: NYE pajama party at my house! I've been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks and despite it being the holidays I would like to get to an average weight of 140 for our party.
    • 2/1/18: I can't think of a single thing exciting that is happening in January! LOL I'm happy about that though... I need a break from the busyness. 2/1 is my dating anniversary with my husband so I'm going to make that a goal of 135. Maybe we'll go out on a date that weekend :)
    • 2/10: My best friend's bachelorette party is this weekend! We're going to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town in Pittsburgh. I'm going to set my goal as 133. That's 10 pounds from now and 10 weeks away... I don't lose very fast and would be THRILLED with 1 lb/week.
    • 3/3: I'm a dance teacher and we are attending a convention that weekend to kick off our competition season. I don't really have to do much other than chaperone students but it seemed to be a date that sticks out in my mind. Goal for that weekend is 130.
    • 4/13: This is my 30th birthday!!!!!!! My goal is 125!

How about everyone else?

Wow I'm so dumb... forgot about the biggest one before my birthday!!!!
    • 3/10: I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding! The one I'm throwing the bachelorette party for on 2/10... I'm looking for a floor length, black, mermaid style gown to wear so I'm sure it will be pretty form-fitting. We'll say my goal for the wedding is 129.
  • bewaldro
    bewaldro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @DananaNanas Fabulous goals with a very clear vision. I’m cheering you on girl!!
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    My weight has NOT been budging at all!!! Afraid I'm not going to make my goal 9 days from now :( I know I need to work out but it's so hard to make time...
  • bewaldro
    Options
    I have found success with workout time by consciously calendaring it every day and setting an alarm dedicated to this. When the alarm goes off I hit the snooze button until I am actively starting my workout. Occasionally I have rescheduled it to a different time in the day if I have truly needed to reprioritize it.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    bewaldro wrote: »
    I have found success with workout time by consciously calendaring it every day and setting an alarm dedicated to this. When the alarm goes off I hit the snooze button until I am actively starting my workout. Occasionally I have rescheduled it to a different time in the day if I have truly needed to reprioritize it.

The problem is my wake up and get out of bed alarm is also my workout alarm. The only time I have to do it is before work at 6 a.m. :/ and I am not a morning person as much as I try to be...
  • DananaNanas
    edited January 2018
    Options
      [*] 12/31: NYE pajama party at my house! I've been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks and despite it being the holidays I would like to get to an average weight of 140 for our party.
      [*] 2/1/18: I can't think of a single thing exciting that is happening in January! LOL I'm happy about that though... I need a break from the busyness. 2/1 is my dating anniversary with my husband so I'm going to make that a goal of 140. Maybe we'll go out on a date that weekend... I think that's still a little aggressive at 6 pounds for this month but I'm going to shoot for it.
      [*]2/10: My best friend's bachelorette party is this weekend! We're going to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town in Pittsburgh. I'm going to set my goal as 138. That's a little more than one pound a week at this rate.
      [*] 3/10: I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding! I'm looking for a floor length, black, mermaid style gown to wear so I'm sure it will be pretty form-fitting. We'll say my goal for the wedding is 134
      [*]4/13: This is my 30th birthday!!!!!!! My goal is 130!

Well goal number 1 was a bust with the holidays and me slacking off. I have edited my earlier post to reflect new numbers since I know it's not going to be possible for me to lose 10 pounds this month... at least not if I want to be healthy about it! I have 14 weeks until my birthday so I think 16 pounds should be possible!!

CW: 146
    • bewaldro
      Options
      Do you have an opportunity to be creative with how you get your workout in? For example, can you do four flights of stairs at work, two laps around the building, and park in the furthest space available? Just an idea. And if you have a fitness device you wear, you will be surprised what a difference just those few things can make to your activity level. Hang in there.
    • DananaNanas
      Options
      @bewaldro well I don't have any stairs at work lol or at my home actually. It's 0* out where I live and I already park 2 blocks from work and I'm frozen by the time I get in. Over the summer I walked 2 miles on my lunch breaks everyday but this time of year I have to spend my lunch breaks prepping for my other job :(

Tried to get up for my workout this morning and didn't make it out of bed in time. I'll try again tomorrow :(
    • DananaNanas
      Options
      • 2/1/18: I can't think of a single thing exciting that is happening in January! LOL I'm happy about that though... I need a break from the busyness. 2/1 is my dating anniversary with my husband so I'm going to make that a goal of 140. Maybe we'll go out on a date that weekend... I think that's still a little aggressive at 6 pounds for this month but I'm going to shoot for it.
      • 2/10: My best friend's bachelorette party is this weekend! We're going to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town in Pittsburgh. I'm going to set my goal as 138. That's a little more than one pound a week at this rate.
      • 3/10: I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding! I'm looking for a floor length, black, mermaid style gown to wear so I'm sure it will be pretty form-fitting. We'll say my goal for the wedding is 134
      • 4/13: This is my 30th birthday!!!!!!! My goal is 130!

I can't believe it! I woke up this morning at 139.6!!! I haven't seen this number since I was doing keto in 2016! :) 10 days till my friend's bachelorette party. I need to find something to wear! >_<

• DananaNanas
      Options
      • 2/1/18: I can't think of a single thing exciting that is happening in January! LOL I'm happy about that though... I need a break from the busyness. 2/1 is my dating anniversary with my husband so I'm going to make that a goal of 140. Maybe we'll go out on a date that weekend... I think that's still a little aggressive at 6 pounds for this month but I'm going to shoot for it.
      • 2/10: My best friend's bachelorette party is this weekend! We're going to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town in Pittsburgh. I'm going to set my goal as 138. That's a little more than one pound a week at this rate.
      • 3/10: I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding! I'm looking for a floor length, black, mermaid style gown to wear so I'm sure it will be pretty form-fitting. We'll say my goal for the wedding is 134

Well I'm not going to get a chance to weigh tomorrow at my friend's house so I did today at 138.6. A little disappointed I'm still up from this weekend's goal a little bit but I'll take it! Shooting for 135 for the wedding... 1 month from tomorrow!

• DananaNanas
      edited March 2018
      Options
      • 3/10: I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding! I'm looking for a floor length, black, mermaid style gown to wear so I'm sure it will be pretty form-fitting. We'll say my goal for the wedding is 135

I didn't make it to 135 :( Weigh in on Friday was 136.4 so only up a pound and a half from goal. I was too afraid to weigh myself this morning so I'm waiting until tomorrow to figure out the damage from the weekend. Still shooting from 130 for my birthday but I really have to reign in the weekends if that's going to happen.

I'll be traveling all weekend again next weekend for a dance competition. I'll have to stick to IF and do OMAD if I want to not go backwards.