Welcome!! Say Hi!!

Options
If you're new to the group, post a reply here and introduce yourself! Name, location and a few things about yourself!

Welcome!

w1.jpg

Replies

• AmandamazingLowCarb
    Options
    I'm Amanda, 30 years old and married with no kids. My husband and I live in Olympia, Washington with our 5 fur babies (4 cats, 1 dog...yes I AM a crazy cat lady! lol). I love to crochet and I'm a gamer. I'm really excited about the progress I'm making on my health.

Go Steelers! :-D
  • lamonthames
    lamonthames Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lamont, married and live in the Washington, DC area. I first participated in IP in Sept. 2015 when I weighed in at a whopping 302. I took off about 65 lbs. in about 9-10 months with lowest weigh in around 237 (aided by significant cardio/triathlon training along the way toward that time) in June 2016. Maintained an average of about 263 over last twelve months, but blew up over the last 4 months of 2017 not paying attention to diet nor fitness and added an additional 20+ lbs on top. I returned to IP on 12/25/2017 with a "pre-IP" mental prep, knowing I needed about 10 - 14 days of time to mentally get totally back in the game. So the first two weeks (through a few days after New Years) I was up and down with consistency, but mentally getting a little bit better each day overall. I cut back sugar, carbs, and fats significantly. I was able to "officially" launch again Jan. 6 (285.1 lbs.). My goals are big overall, but this time, I'm just focusing on incremental goals like 2-5 lbs at a time, celebrate success for 5 minutes, then set new goal, REPEAT!

Today I weighed in at 278.8.

My Ultimate goal weight is 225.

I see my coach on Tuesday and I have set a 1.5 pound loss goal between today and Tuesday Jan.16.

Looking to meet other IP ers to share insights, tips, motivation, and accountability. I'm usually private, but this year, I'm putting myself "out there" and I hope to help others in the process.
  • Myselvein2012
    Myselvein2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My name is Susan and I started IP in October 2015. I lost 65 lbs. I have kept all but 20 lbs off since going into maintenance in September of 2106. I am back on phase 1 to remove those 20 lbs.
  • lamonthames
    lamonthames Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seems like this group is not very active. Hello????
  • ktx80
    ktx80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm on week two of my IP journey and have just set up MFP to use as a tool to watch my macros and log my progress.
  • Rpp1986
    Rpp1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How is it going so far?
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nancy, age 61, living in Vancouver BC. I've been on IP since May 2017. I lost 58 pounds over 6 months, and maintained for 8 months on phase 4. In the past four months, I've been slipping, and 15 pounds have crept back. I am determined to take it back off, and maybe another 5 as well. I use several IP products and will try my fitness pal, this is my first day.
  • Rpp1986
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Welcome nancym30!
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Seems like we are a small group but maybe others will join. I have loved the ideal protein program, especially the clinic staff at Vital Body. However, I am now struggling to keep it off. Need to go back on phase 1. How are others doing?
  • Rpp1986
    Options
    Hi Nancy,

I have a lot of weight to lose but I’m keeping steady. Since July 27th, I’ve lost 34.8 pounds. I did my weigh in today. I am a little bored with the food but I will find a way to spice it up.

Good luck!