motivation!

Options
jenwoods87
jenwoods87 Posts: 23 Member
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to leave a quick note about let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS!!

I never thought it would be possible for me to lose weight and join the military. Well...exactly 1 year from the date I started "dieting" I've lost 90 pounds. I never lost sight of my goal and last week I enlisted in the United States Air Force!!!! There were days when I thought I couldn't do it, and I would gorge on junk food just because it felt good. There were weeks were I ate like crap because I had family in town...but I always remembered that I want that pride, that uniform, that honor of serving my country. I would get right back into healthy eating.

I was always one of those people who would listen to stories about how other people lost weight and think "yeah right" and I tried every "diet" in the book. Nothing worked for me..I was going to be fat for life. But I just kept with it...eating clean and lower calorie and I made it happen for myself. If I can do it...ANYONE can do it! If you need any help at all please contact me. This site and a few of the girls on here have REALLY helped me on my journey. Holding me accountable and also just helping push me along when I needed help!

Replies

• samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and Semper Fi! Good job, good work, God speed!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I know this discussion is months old and the OP is already long gone, but I have the same goals and I am so pumped. I am using a low calorie no deprivation plan and so far it's been amazing. I don't even feel like I am dieting. Most days I don't have enough calories, but I am not fighting starvation mode either because I've learned how to keep the fat burning hormones in tip top shape. So I hope like the OP that I will be able to post my success story too.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Feel free to add me - I'm going for Air Force but otherwise very similar to the OP. I wish you great success!