I ranked up my first group of Students

Options
Monday was an exciting day at Reese Martial arts! I had 6 students that were ready to rank up to Yellow belt. Of the 6 two ended up staying home sick one was actually sick and the other was so nerved up over her Christmas play at school and her belt test she made herself sick. My instructor, Master Brown, was supposed to attend as well but he was exposed to TB and decided it was not a good idea until his tests came back clear (which they did). So it was up to my son (also a black belt) and I.

We had each kid perform ChonJi individually and gave them a score of 1-5 they then had to demonstrate proper front kick technique and explain what the Tenets of TKD mean in their own words. It surprised me how nervous the kids got. I then ran through the form again as a class, more to show the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc in attendance that they indeed do know it well and it was the nerves that made them seem unsure. Overall it was a lot of fun and the kids were super excited.

I then presented each of them with a set of Escrima sticks as a Christmas gift as I plan to introduce basic stick techniques over the next few weeks.

th_A4F879EB-9704-42AE-9913-AF85F3BA4FE0_zpsga0ven6e.jpg

Replies