2018 Goals

Options
Fittreelol
Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
Let 'er rip ladies!

Post your goals for the new year right here!

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Why am I doing this?

1. Get down to 185lbs / 35% BF
    1.1 Below 200lbs / 38% BF by my birthday (Feb 20th)
    1.2 Below 190 by the end of summer

2. Lifting milestones by the end of the year (pounds):
    - Squat 225 (2 plates)
    - Deadlift 315 (3 plates!)
    - Bench Press 165
    - Clean 150
    - Snatch 125
    - OHP 115
    - unassisted pull-ups and dips
    - jump up to handstand against wall (kipping HSPU while I'm at it?)
    - get a toes 2 bar (I'm not optimistic enough to think I can get a muscle up, though)
    ** I may reevaluate some of these depending on the results of the online meet in january, where I'll test my 1RMs for the first time in quite a while

3. Conditioning milestones
    - 25 burpees under 2 minutes
    - 8 min mile
    - sub 30min 5k
    - not die during the crossfit open? LOL (please, not too many box jumps -_-')

4. Misc
    - Rehab/strengthen neck so I can get back to oly lifting
    - Meditate 3x week
    - Write every week

And how am I going to do all that?
    - Mindful eating: I don't plan on tracking a lot. But I do have a big issue with either eating too much, or craving things and then going all out on them. So, more focus on just eating like a normal person than restricting things. When I was 185-190 a couple years ago, it took tracking to get down, but it was a comfortable maintaining spot so I'm hoping that just by focusing on "maintaining" that fictional weight I want to be at, I can get back to that point without too much stress. Instead of crash dieting and rebounding and burning myself out tracking.
    - Focus on strength training and skills in a smart way. I've gotten better at figuring when I need to rest a bit more and when I can push a bit. My body's gotten used to 4-5 days a week again and I'm almost injury free, so hopfully I can build on that.
    - Journaling. I don't do it enough, and I *know* I'm much more focused when I do it!
    - Setting weekly goals and milestones, instead of just pushing for these really far away ideas. I tend to lose track or figure I'm either 1. way ahead and then get complacent, or 2. way behind, and then stop caring about it. So mini goals are going to be it!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Nobody else has goals? :(

Well, I wanna add one more thing to mine: Get the hang of Double Unders. I'm starting to figure out the rhythm to them, so hopefully that won't be too much of a problem to keep going :) 3 years later, it's about time, aye?
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Ugh.

So after my bad concussion in 2016, I had to stop working out and roller derby for a while, and never went back. I gained back all the weight I lost, and an extra 5 lbs for good measure.

So my goal is to get back where I was in spring 2016.

I start back at derby on Jan 10, and I am now tracking and lifting again.

I got new job with no more shift work and no weekends, so I am hoping it will help me get in a good routine.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    1. 135lb bench
    2. 1x Body weight squat, whatever body weight ends up being
    3. 315 lb deadlift -I hit two plates, now I want 3. :) also, if I get body weight where I want it, this could be a 2x bodyweight lift!!
    4. 100lb OHP
    5. Unassisted pull-up
    6. Get back to running... and not against medical advice.
    7. 160 lb weight
    8. Be happy with who I am and what I’m doing in general

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Goals in 2018:
    1. To lose 20 pounds before April.
    2. Make lifting a regular part of my work out routine and avoid injuries. (Not taking well meaning advices from unknown buff fellows at the gym. I am still a beginner, period.)
    3. To run 15 km at a stretch. (I found that my stamina is better than my speed.) :tongue:
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just started SL on Sunday, haven't the flexibility yet to squat deep enough so all week I was walking like Frankenstein
    : s
    2018 Goals:
    1. keep losing an avg. of 1 pound per week
    2. Continue to work on SL and eventually, progress to another program
    3. Big time goal would be competing in a Strongwoman competition, but that is on the far-off horizon :smile:
  • chichidachimp
    chichidachimp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2018 Goals:

1. Lift 2-3x a week until April at least.
    - Get 135lb squat in February and 160lb squat in April
    - Nail 200lb deadlift in April.
    - Try not to completely suck at upper body in the meantime.
    - Try to do at least 20min of cardio 3x a week in April.

2. Go rock climbing 2x a week from April-October.
    -Work up to 2-5 pull-ups in a row 2x a week in that period.

3. Run a marathon in July.
    -Start running again 3-5x a week in February.
    -Already signed up for the marathon. May sign up for a half for April to force myself to train.

4. Try to go dancing 2x a month (just for fun).

5. Lose 5 lbs by July!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My goal for now is simply to learn to do the 5x5 lifts so I can run this program. I start Monday, and I am so excited!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kadoober wrote: »
    My goal for now is simply to learn to do the 5x5 lifts so I can run this program. I start Monday, and I am so excited!

:) welcome. make sure you find the monthly 'check in' thread and use it if that appeals to you.

dec 31 is too far away for me. i'll settle for hoping to be able to look back on the entire year and not see any time spike where my weight was over 130 pounds. i'd say 135 to allow for return-to-lifting type stuff, but i'm not kidding myself. give me taht leeway and i will fill it with cookies-and-gummy-bears weight and then promise myself i'll 'recomp'.

it would be NICE to get there with this tendinopathy solved and my left side as strong as my right, but i dislike turning my 'nices' into 'musts', so i won't.
  • mustb60
    Options
    2018 Goals:

1. Lift 2-3x a week until April at least.
    - Get 135lb squat in February and 160lb squat in April
    - Nail 200lb deadlift in April.
    - Try not to completely suck at upper body in the meantime.
    - Try to do at least 20min of cardio 3x a week in April.

2. Go rock climbing 2x a week from April-October.
    -Work up to 2-5 pull-ups in a row 2x a week in that period.

3. Run a marathon in July.
    -Start running again 3-5x a week in February.
    -Already signed up for the marathon. May sign up for a half for April to force myself to train.

4. Try to go dancing 2x a month (just for fun).

5. Lose 5 lbs by July!

Awesome goals! Marathon plus lifting, you are an inspiration to me! I want to run half marathon someday.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1) Bodyweight squat by June so I've got 20kg to go
    2) Bodyweight bench press by the end of this year so I've got 40kg to go
    3) Lift at least 4x a week
    4) 2x bodyweight deadlift by June so I have 60kg to go
  • hanlonsk
    Options
    Goal number one met!!!!!
    135lb bench!!!!
  • mustb60
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!!
  • mellemelle84
    mellemelle84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

My goal is to stick to 5x5 so I can get into the habit and routine of lifting.
    My goal is to get my diet under control. Make sure I am hitting my macros almost every day. Eat at a deficit so I can lose fat. Stop binge eating. Just focus on eating enough healthy calories.

My weight lifting goal for 2018 as of right now is to squat 225 lbs (currently at 125 lbs).
  • hanlonsk
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    1. 135lb bench
    2. 1x Body weight squat, whatever body weight ends up being
    3. 315 lb deadlift -I hit two plates, now I want 3. :) also, if I get body weight where I want it, this could be a 2x bodyweight lift!!
    4. 100lb OHP
    5. Unassisted pull-up
    6. Get back to running... and not against medical advice.
    7. 160 lb weight
    8. Be happy with who I am and what I’m doing in general

Oh goodness gracious... my 6 months traveling with no gym did a number on these. Oh and also being lazy and eating like an *kitten*
    1. Got the bench goal back in March. Got back to 105 today.
    2. Yeah.. my squats need help. I think I hit 145 at some point this spring. I got 105 squat, or maybe it was a 105 good morning (not real sure currently) the other day.
    3. I never even hit a 2 plate deadlift again in 2018, let alone 3. I’m back up in the 175 lb range again.
    4. Haaaaa hahaha.. yeah....ummm maybe half of that?
    5. Back to 2 big bands on these.
    6. I’m maybe running a mile a week, wouldn’t call that back to running
    7. Due to #6 and eating habits, im actually back to my highest weight ever. Long ways to go to hit 160
    8. I’m making progress on this one, some days I’m closer than others.