2017 goal recap thread

Options
Fittreelol
Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
Hi Ladies!

Creating this thread for those that posted in the 2017 thread, or those that just made some goals for this year at some point to reflect on their lifting and life in the past year.

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Oh, Tree! You shouldn't have! :D

I don't think I hit a single one of the ones I had set for myself back in january (or even the ones I had in early november...)

January goals

1. Finish the year under 190lbs, 36% BF (current: ~205lbs, 40-41% BF)
    Nope! I'll be lucky if I finish under 205, 40%. Lots of up and downs this year. If I hadn't kept regaining what I was loosing I'd probably be there by now, though >_>

2. Finish editing my novel (not fitness related, but hey. And yes, it's been a goal for a few years. Shhhh... >_>)

I made a tiny tiny amount of progress here, but nowhere near done

3. Get a pull-up without assistance and without jumping (slow and steady wins the race, right... *cough*)

Well, it would've been helpful with this to have kept the weight off. I don't think I have it. Haven't focused on pull-ups in a while...

4. Fix my hip/lower back and get back under the barbell.
    YES! Finally a goal I made! Almost back to the weight I was handling before the lower back issues really settled in, too. Despite a stupid neck issue!

5. Run a sub 30 min 5k, sub 8 min mile, and a 10k at some point over the summer.
    *maniacal hysterical laughter* I "ran" a 45 min 5k at zsome point. That's basically all the running I did this year xD

November 5th

200lbs squat single
    135lbs clean (maybe with a jerk in there too if I can attempt it, hehe)
    100 OHP for 2+ reps

all that with getting down to at least 195lbs so I'm within reach of my Healthy wager goal (191.4 by Januray 28th)... That's about 8lbs to lose and I've been averaging like 1.5 a month, so it's quite a hefty goal to shoot for. But I'll take what I can get.

Oh, and not eff up my shoulder or lower back in the process, obviously.

Does effing up my neck count as messing my shoulder up?
    I *think* I may have my 200lbs squat single and 100lbs OHP double, but I'm not gonna go and test them out just for the sake of it. Had to stop cleaning heavy because of the neck. *sighs* I'm at like 209lbs right now so... BAAAAHHHHH

And this is why I tend to avoid setting goals. Until I do, and then I make myself feel terrible again. But hey, let's go post in the 2018 thread as well!

But hear me out, I have a proposition!
    Regardless of the goals you've set and hit or not, guys, take a few minutes here and reflect on 3 things you accomplished that you're proud of. 'Kay?

1. I did clean and jerk 127.5 lbs at one point. Which was a PR of 2.5lbs on the clean, and not on the jerk alone, but I have to take into consideration that I spent the whole year rebuilding. Those old PRs I had were before a lower back injury. And throughout the year I can't tell you how much emotional stress I've been under. I kept going at it and trying to make myself better. Maybe sometimes in a spotty way. But I kept going. And now I relearned my squat and deadlift so I can load them considerably again without flaring up my SI joint! Which is a win in and of itself!

2. I learned to meditate a bit. Clearing my head with a few breathing exercises. It's a valuable skill to have, even if I'm not super consistent with it.

3. I did manage to write like 20k words in about 10 days in november, before I went on the trip and ended up being super busy haha. So I can still write and it still brings me joy! So build up on that, aye?
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Unsticky-ing 2017 thread. If you need it then it's here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10512455/2017-goals#latest
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My goals in 2017 year were:
    1. To lose 44 pounds.
    Later I revised my target to 40 pounds loss of which I lost 20.7 pounds in 2017. 20 more to go this year.
    2. To strength train minimum twice a week,no excuses.
    Due to injury I had to take a break for a few months. Just got back to it in December.
    Total weightlifting days in 2017: 21 days.

3. To run 10 km in or under 60 minutes.
    Not much improvement here. However my mileage increased,toal run in 2017: 590.5 km.