January Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    90 minutes weight lifting/strength training.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Going to try upper body workout tonight. I normally do a ciruit that includes lunges, squats, and leg press, so I'll be skipping all of that tonight.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    15 min on exercise bike and 30 min HIIT class at the gym
  • TravelBear87
    TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    40 minute walk again today.

Run club tomorrow! :smile:
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jan 9 - Week 10 Day 1 10K Running Program
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 9th- A 60 minute PiYo class in the morning, and another 60 minute PiYo class in the evening. Instructor kicks our butts!! lol
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Groovaroo babywearing dance class (yes, this is a thing :D ) and a 1.5 mile walk around a nearby lake. 10,000+ steps today which is good for me.
  • sammarie_
    Options
    Jan 10 - 50min walk
    1hr arms weights session
  • hannamarie0098
    Options
    30 min core training class and 3000 m on the rowing machine. Around 46 min total
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    January 10th- 60 minute Zumba class, followed by a 45 minute Battle Ropes class.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    No exercise today and may be getting a cold. :(
  • sammarie_
    Options
    Struggling today (physically and mentally) so went for a 20min walk instead of the gym. Getting anxious about going back to work and suffering from DOMs from weight training. Bit of a “poor me” day :neutral:
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    January 10th- 60 minute Zumba class, followed by a 45 minute Battle Ropes class.

What gym do you go to? It seems like you have very unique class options. Piyo would be great to do in person. And I've never heard of a Battle Ropes class - sounds challenging!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »

What gym do you go to? It seems like you have very unique class options. Piyo would be great to do in person. And I've never heard of a Battle Ropes class - sounds challenging!

How are you feeling today??

I belong 3 fitness centers, Redbud Fitness & Lifestyle Center, Health & Fitness by Lacey Peters, and Niles/Buchanan YMCA. Also, 2 running clubs. So yes, I do have a lot of options, and I'm blessed with awesome instructors. I'm 69 years old and retired, no family, so I have lots of time to exercise!!

Yes, Battle Ropes is pretty intense. I don't even know how to describe it. Uses a heavy rope for various moves. Probably could find a video on YouTube if you're interested.

PiYo is one of my favorite classes! Thanks, for asking - Bill

• fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    smdade wrote: »
    Struggling today (physically and mentally) so went for a 20min walk instead of the gym. Getting anxious about going back to work and suffering from DOMs from weight training. Bit of a “poor me” day :neutral:

Sending a hug your way. Not a " poor me," day at all, being open and sharing your struggle with friends!!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 11th - 60 minute PiYo class in the morning, and a 60 minute Zumba class in the evening.
  • hannamarie0098
    Options
    Didn’t manage any specific exercise today. It was parents evening so I was at work until 7. Treated myself to pizza for tea and still came in under my calorie goal for the day :)
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »

How are you feeling today??

I belong 3 fitness centers, Redbud Fitness & Lifestyle Center, Health & Fitness by Lacey Peters, and Niles/Buchanan YMCA. Also, 2 running clubs. So yes, I do have a lot of options, and I'm blessed with awesome instructors. I'm 69 years old and retired, no family, so I have lots of time to exercise!!

Yes, Battle Ropes is pretty intense. I don't even know how to describe it. Uses a heavy rope for various moves. Probably could find a video on YouTube if you're interested.

PiYo is one of my favorite classes! Thanks, for asking - Bill

I'm feeling better, thank you for asking! 3 gyms and 2 running clubs, wow. That is so admirable and no wonder you have so many class options! I'm going to Google the Battle Ropes class :)
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Walked 80 minutes while wearing 19lb baby. Misjudged the exact "raininess" of a very rain day, but we stayed warm and it was great to get fresh air.
  • TravelBear87
    TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Sorry I've not logged for a few days. I have had some very hectic days at work mainly due to a small promotion and I've been leaving work late.

I'm logging two days of walking, mainly 30 minutes a day uphill.

Food is going good.