Nerd confessions/debates!

EvanK84
EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
Everyone is special and unique! Lets discover and uncover it all.

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I confess I am a huge Cliff Richard fan
  • EvanK84
    I'm a huge Dragon ball Z / Super fan
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    40xBEFOREx40 Posts: 208 Member
    I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy fan in general... Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate... Harry Potter!
  • Versicolour
    Lord of the Rings!!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    @EvanK84 !! You're back!! Where have you been?! Again, love your party planning skills & how you turned my idea into something so beautiful "everyone is special. Let's discover it"
    Do you do something like this for a career?
    Cuz in addition to helping each other reach our health goals, I'd love it if people found their true calling from chatting in our corner :)
  • sdancer2017
    I love to quote Dumb & Dumber

I love to play trivia (as in give me a couple of lyrics or a quote with the proper inflection & I'll play that guessing game ALLLL day long)

I love my "You're killing me Smalls" tshirt

I get goosebumps when there is a good dance scene in a movie
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I know all the songs on The Newsies soundtrack by heart :DB)
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member

I love to play trivia (as in give me a couple of lyrics or a quote with the proper inflection & I'll play that guessing game ALLLL day long)

<3 Dumb and Dumber <3
  • Versicolour
    I love Guardians of the Galaxy because of the music, the cassette player, and Groot
  • ColinIsTheName
    I love Guardians of the Galaxy because of the music, the cassette player, and Groot
    I refused to give up cassettes until they started going away.
  • badtraffic
    badtraffic Posts: 34 Member
    I am an expert on breastfeeding and boobs. There should be a place for me in the zombie apocalypse bunker.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018

How did I miss your post?! @sdancer2017 I want one!!! I literally quote The Sandlot like several times a week :smiley:

“Hey smalls! You want a s’more?”
    “ Some more of what?”
    “ oh no, do you want a S’MORE?”
    “ How can I have some more of something if I haven’t had anything yet?”
    “ You’re killing me smalls!”

“I’m baking like a toasted cheeser! It’s so hot here!” Ever summer I quote Ham lmao

• ColinIsTheName
    badtraffic wrote: »
    I am an expert on breastfeeding and boobs. There should be a place for me in the zombie apocalypse bunker.

I'm an amateur about boobs, but appreciate them greatly!
  • EvanK84
    edited January 2018
    @EvanK84 !! You're back!! Where have you been?! Again, love your party planning skills & how you turned my idea into something so beautiful "everyone is special. Let's discover it"
    Do you do something like this for a career?
    Cuz in addition to helping each other reach our health goals, I'd love it if people found their true calling from chatting in our corner :)

I'm so glad I'm back! It's been my busy season for work , but now that's ended I'll be around alot more ;)
  • sdancer2017
    @badtraffic your post made me laugh. You mean a zombie apocalypse........right? (As I look down at my Walking Dead socks)

@bootyrubsandtacos, i thought i knew Sandlot...but YOU, my dear, are a force to be reckoned with! And you got my License to Drive reference. ...truly awesome.

@cwells16, i hope we quiz ea other w some D & D lines...

@evank82, glad work has slowed down for you so you can let your inner nerd shine
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    I was obsessed with both movies when I was a kid o:) Have you ever seen The Craft?
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    I was obsessed with both movies when I was a kid o:) Have you ever seen The Craft?

YES! That was an awesome movie. Have you ever tried to invoke the spirit?? LOL
  • ColinIsTheName
    @badtraffic your post made me laugh. You mean a zombie apocalypse........right? (As I look down at my Walking Dead socks)

@bootyrubsandtacos, i thought i knew Sandlot...but YOU, my dear, are a force to be reckoned with! And you got my License to Drive reference. ...truly awesome.

@cwells16, i hope we quiz ea other w some D & D lines...

@evank82, glad work has slowed down for you so you can let your inner nerd shine

So you're saying there's a chance! Yeah!
  • sdancer2017
    Hahaha!!!!!! @cwells16!

Umm so the Craft-kinda related. My Dads house is rumored to be haunted. I lived w him & my step mom for a little bit. They are so awesome. Let me help you picture this---imagine George Costanza's parents-totally my dad & step mom-looks, mannerisms). So...the 3 of us are watching A Haunting on tv & I suggest we try light as a feather, stiff as a board...with secret hopes it would have the outcome of floating Rachel....... it didn't work.
    But I did see a ghost within the time I lived there :wink:
  • ColinIsTheName
    Hahaha!!!!!! @cwells16!

Umm so the Craft-kinda related. My Dads house is rumored to be haunted. I lived w him & my step mom for a little bit. They are so awesome. Let me help you picture this---imagine George Costanza's parents-totally my dad & step mom-looks, mannerisms). So...the 3 of us are watching A Haunting on tv & I suggest we try light as a feather, stiff as a board...with secret hopes it would have the outcome of floating Rachel....... it didn't work.

Seinfeld F yeah!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    edited January 2018

YES! That was an awesome movie. Have you ever tried to invoke the spirit?? LOL

*small voice* Several times :wink: honestly what preteen/teen girl during the 90’s didn’t try and call on Menon at least once after that movie came out? lmao Is it weird that Nancy’s crazy a** was my favorite character? I don’t think she was a bad person. She just seemed unhappy with her life and got carried away with her newfound powers.

Hahaha!!!!!! @cwells16!

lmao So which one of you layed down on the floor?
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Where should I let my nerdom begin? !

Movie quotes, I can't even name all the movie quotes my friends and I go through, but some of the movies include Anything Minty Python, The Goonies, Spaceballs, Harry Potter...so many more.

I LOVE BOOKS! And have a rather small collection going (relative to the number of books in the world) but definitely have all the Harry Potters, Lord of the Rings, The Dark Tower series, classics galore.

I love brains (they're fascinating) and have a coaster set on my desk at work of brain slices. It's not creepy...

Some of my favorite things come from Thinkgeek.com

I have more, but my 1pm appointment just showed up. Catch everyone later.

• Versicolour
    I am a huge Terry Pratchett fan. I don't have all his books - I am missing a few from my collection

J.R.R Tolkien also has a special place on my bookshelf. In fact, he has a whole shelf dedicated to his books, the movies and LOTR collectors edition movie stuff!
  • ColinIsTheName
    I am a huge Terry Pratchett fan. I don't have all his books - I am missing a few from my collection

J.R.R Tolkien also has a special place on my bookshelf. In fact, he has a whole shelf dedicated to his books, the movies and LOTR collectors edition movie stuff!

I have tried to watch Lord of the Rings several times, and always fell asleep early on. Guess it's not my thing.
  • sdancer2017
    I had a crush on Mick Dundee.

I loved Crocodile Dundee I & II! I still say "wakey, wakey" in his accent when someone is waking up from a nap, but no one knows what's it's from hahaha
  • sdancer2017
    I'm watching Ellen on Laff network. They have AMERICAN GLADIATORS Ice & Nitro on!! I'm gonna say it...I would watch this over American Ninja Warrior on Sat mornings any day. It seemed more entertaining, the contestants seemed more relatable to the average Joe...the games were fun-the thing that shot balls at the contestants?? (Which reminds me of another great show-most extreme elimination challenge -"I love pie!")

Without googling, what's another gladiator name? I'm pretty confident Diamond is one.
  • 40xBEFOREx40
    edited February 2018
    I'm watching Ellen on Laff network. They have AMERICAN GLADIATORS Ice & Nitro on!! I'm gonna say it...I would watch this over American Ninja Warrior on Sat mornings any day. It seemed more entertaining, the contestants seemed more relatable to the average Joe...the games were fun-the thing that shot balls at the contestants?? (Which reminds me of another great show-most extreme elimination challenge -"I love pie!")

Without googling, what's another gladiator name? I'm pretty confident Diamond is one.

I'm pretty sure there was Laser and Turbo? And Sabre!!
  • ColinIsTheName
    Tower!
    My wife and daughters were just watching that same episode two days ago!
  • sdancer2017
    Turbo! Tower! Nice!!! You all are awesome!

So what' would your American Gladiator name?

Mine would be ...hmmm...what would sound good coiming out of an announcer's mouth....
    I'm gonna ponder this one when I can't sleep.....I was thinking about something like Sweetie but then I think Sammie from Jersey Shore had a similar nickname. N now I'm mad at myself for knowing that/referencing that shore.....and DVRing it back in the day....
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    444annzhxq89.png

Good times :D:D