Barriers to Physical Activity

Options
synapse74
synapse74 Posts: 12 Member
Along with proper nutrition, physical activity is an important aspect in daily life. It helps keep diseases away like cancer and osteoporosis, and it also ramps up the bodies ability to burn calories. Health Canada recommends a person get 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity a week. What does that look like? On a scale of 1-10, it should feel like a 7. You should be huffing and puffing. You should be only able to say 3 or 4 words. This 150 minutes a week is only 20ish minutes a day! If you can get in 20 minutes a day, you will start seeing health improvements! Who doesn't have 20 minutes they could commit to physical activity?

What are some of your barriers to engaging in Physical Activity?

Replies

• StarBrite72
    StarBrite72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Barries to physical Activity : I am feeling lazy :smile: :) , being sick and not pushing for even 20 minutes
  • neener1972
    neener1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Shift work!
  • kayegrant1
    kayegrant1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need accountability. It's easy to opt out if no one knows.
  • StarBrite72
    Options
    Stress is a biggie too ... accountability helps too
  • synapse74
    synapse74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, you are all accountable now because we all know! If you see someone hasn't logged, ask if everything is ok in the Facebook chat!
  • StarBrite72
    Options
    Struggling with illness , just as i get better and try my activity again i end up sick again boo
  • neener1972
    neener1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick I find even the smallest amount of exercise is helpful- even just for my mood lol. :smiley: